Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-01-2007, 04:10 PM   #1  
Free-thinker

Height: 5'9"

Unhappy Terrible Weight Gain

I don't know what to do anymore. I've gained so much weight around my middle (stomach, butt, hips) that I can't get into any of my pants anymore. And I have brand new red stretch marks on my stomach. I admit I haven't been exercising, as I cannot seem to get the motivation, but I also haven't been eating any junk food anymore. I thought I would lose a little, or at least stay the same, but I have just been gaining like mad since Sept. I'm lost on what to do. I'm trying to exercise, but my stamina is so low I can't do it for very long before my muscles start to feel tired or my heart starts to beat like crazy. Could there be an underlying problem I'm not aware of? I'm taking Armour for my thyroid, and some supplements for various things. Digestive issues, sluggish adrenals, candida and estrogen dominence. Anyone have any ideas? I have no job or issurance at the moment, so I can't afford tests.
BlessedBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Hi would love to give you some support. I need more information. What exactly are you eating? Write down a typical days menu. Are you keeping track of your calories? It helps me to write it down. It I don't, I forgot about something I ate and it could be the difference from 1600 calories to 2000.
Give us some more input.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:24 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Yes, do you keep a food journal? We'd be able to provide advice that was targeted to you if we had an idea of what you were eating.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:34 PM   #4  
Free-thinker

Everyone says I should start doing that, but... I guess I'm just too lazy too. I'm sure I'd forget something, since I tend to comfort eat a lot when I'm bored. And I'm bored a lot.

But today alone I've eaten one slice of Velveta singles, most of a bottle of Aquafina Flavor Spash, and a can of Progresso Lentil soup. And that's all so far today.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

It looks as though your diet could use some serious help--you need more food and nutrients than what you've had so far today. (Also, you might find that the hassle of having to write down everything that you put in your mouth *deters* you from bingeing, since it is a hassle.)

You might want to see a doctor about your lethargy--I don't think we can answer that question here. BUT, can you take exercise in the form of a pleasant stroll each day until you feel fit enough to exercise more rigorously? Moving, even slowly, burns more calories than sitting around. Instead of eating when you're bored, try walking around the block. It's much better for you
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:55 PM   #6  

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84601
Please read the above thread. Glory is truly an inspiration.
When I came here I had read YOU on a diet by Dr. Oz and Roizen.
Great book lots of helpful information.

After reading Glorys story I read Superfoods Rx and Superfoods healthstyle.
I keep track of everything I eat and make sure I eat most of the superfoods everyday or everyother day. In 7 weeks I have lost 14 lbs and feel great.
I weight train 3 days a week and cardio everyday. You will feel so much better if you are putting whole good for you foods in your body. Try it you will be amazed and never go back to putting velvetta cheese and canned soup in your body.
You can do it you have to want to do it.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:08 PM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Tell us what you eat in the whole day--because what you listed up until you posted isn't enough food for anyone, whether trying to lose weight or not. That can't be a typical day for you.

Here is a typical morning for me:

Breakfast:
1 large shredded wheat biscuit
1/2 cup 1% milk
1/4 banana, sliced
1/4 cup fresh strawberries, sliced

That's 178 calories. I also have:

3 cups coffee with Coffee Mate Lite: 74 cals

Snack: a yogurt cup with fruit in it. I use full fat, but could be non fat or low fat. 170 cals.

So by lunch I have eaten 422 calories, and that puts me about where I should be. The rest of my meals are packaged meals supplemented with vegetables, and I have various snacks, but I manage to come in around 1300 cals for the day.

So list for us what you eat for the whole day.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:25 PM   #8  
Atkins Chick

S/C/G: highest234/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2 1/2" the 1/2 matters!

It sounds like you may need your thyroid checked again. Maybe your Armour needs adjusted but do not do it with out getting it checked first. Especially if your heart beats like crazy as you say. I don't have insurance either and I'm hypothyroid, I do however really try to make it a priority to have my bloodwork done. Also I know from my experience I couldn't get the motivation to do anything until I cut out sugar and flour for a while.

Hope you start feeling better soon.
problysewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:02 PM   #9  
Free-thinker

No, no. I mean my heart beats like crazy when I exercise. I'm assuming it's cause I'm not used to it, since I rarely ever do. And I can't afford to get tested again. They don't do the correct tests anyway, cause those will cost even more than the ones they regularly run. I think I'm okay in the thyroid area, since my heartrate is normal when I'm not exercising.

And I dont' eat much all day. I've been up since 9am-ish, and it's 6pm-ish now, and I haven't eaten anything but what I said above. Sometimes I just tend to ignore the hunger feelings. For one I don't know what I want to eat, since there isn't much healthy to eat around here. And two, I'm not one to actually cook a lot. I'm not very good at it. I'm still trying to get my brown rice to get tender.

Anyway, I'm trying but with no job and living with my parents (don't get me started on the negativity) I'm kind of limited. I'm going to see if I can find someone that has a copy of DDR and try it out. It sounds like fun.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Ok, but you have to realize that not eating all day is going to mean that you're STARVING by dinner time and will probably over-eat. It's much better to eat healthily and frequently throughout the day, so that you can eat a moderate dinner and not wind up bingeing.

I don't mean to be too blunt, but losing weight is going to require changes in your diet and exercise. There's just no way around it. But try walking, and try eating during the day. Eat fruit and fiber, if nothing else.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:14 PM   #11  

Hi alot of days I don't cook either. You don't have to cook to eat healthy.
For example:
Breakfast Kashi Go lean cereal with Silk Light Soy Milk and blueberries
green tea
snack: apple with 1 oz walnuts black tea
lunch salad with spinach, romaine, broccoli, orange bell peppers, tomatoes and vinegar and olive oil dressing soy or skim milk
snack: low fat yogurt and strawberries green tea
dinner: tuna with plain yogurt, celery, onion on a whole wheat tortilla
orange, carrots
pomegranate juice with selzer water
Old 03-01-2007, 06:21 PM   #12  
Free-thinker

I see your point. But I'm picky. I don't like fish. Of any kind. I cannot stand fish. I'm worried about eatting too much lettuce and stuff because of my thyroid. Broccoli I like cooked. Umm... Soy milk is nasty. I've been wanting to try almond or rice milk. Just don't have the money. Tea I love, so long as it's caffiene-free and all herbal. I drink 100% fruit juice. I even have some that's 100%, not sweetened, and not from concentrate. That's hard to come by.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:39 PM   #13  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Ok bluntness time

There have been a lot of good suggestions, and you keep saying why they wont work for you. I dont think anybody LIKES food recording. And a lot of people dont like exercise. It is just what we have to do. Many people had to break the starve all day, eat a lot at night pattern (which wrecks your metabolism) As for the food, there are so many options, people are trying to give you examples, but if you dont like fish, eat chicken (or some other lean protein). Eat the broccoli cooked then.

There are people on this board who will give you wonderful hints on how to eat on a budget, eat when you live with people who want to eat junkfood, etc.

But the real question is now...do you want to change your life or do you just want to make excuses as to why you cant?
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:45 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
Ok bluntness time

There have been a lot of good suggestions, and you keep saying why they wont work for you. I dont think anybody LIKES food recording. And a lot of people dont like exercise. It is just what we have to do. Many people had to break the starve all day, eat a lot at night pattern (which wrecks your metabolism) As for the food, there are so many options, people are trying to give you examples, but if you dont like fish, eat chicken (or some other lean protein). Eat the broccoli cooked then.

There are people on this board who will give you wonderful hints on how to eat on a budget, eat when you live with people who want to eat junkfood, etc.

But the real question is now...do you want to change your life or do you just want to make excuses as to why you cant?
I agree, there are people here that truly want to succeed. If you don't want help than don't ask for it. Sorry but sometimes you have to call it how you see it. Wake up either you want to be healthy or you want to keep eating velvetta cheese, no nutritional value there.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:50 PM   #15  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I agree with the suggestions that you need to log what you eat for a while. Even if you only do it for a week. Don't even change how you are eating now - just make an effort to write it all down. I use Fitday - I like the reports it does and it's free.

You won't get the answers you are looking for without it.

Walking does wonders for my mood as well.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote