Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-26-2007, 12:48 PM   #1  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Default OK, Seriously... where do I fit in at 3FC?

Hi Everyone

I'm pretty lame at posting here on the boards, even though I think 3FC is indeed a GREAT place for friendship and support. The thing is... I just don't know where I fit in! I have a hard time keeping interested in being a regular poster when I seem to either not have a "place" here or I just end up killing threads (or going unnoticed... that's on "sensitive" days... I know people don't avoid me on purpose!).

So where do I fit in? How can I find a place that I can make friends and give and receive support?

For example: I'm in my 30's, I DO NOT have kids, I DO suffer from clinical depression (but I'm on a/d's and in therapy and things are going really well right now), I AM a bit of a strange person I AM a WW Lifetime member (but re-gained the weight), I live overseas so WW is not the same here as it is in North America, I'm pretty much into superfoods and love reading up on nutrition, I would definitely call myself an "alternative" type of person, and more than anything I'm serious about keeping up a positive attitude towards myself and my weight loss (not saying that there is no one else here like that... I guess I just mean I get bogged down by "I Can't", "I won't" "I hope" "Maybe" "I'll never" ... that sort of thing).

Is there anyone out there like me here???
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:55 PM   #2  
Groovin 4 a small planet

S/C/G: 2002: 205/129 Now: 155/144/125

Height: 5'4

I post everywhere bc I don't fit into one group. Post away, I say.
JaimePhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:57 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Renee,

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling a bit lost. I think there are just some boards that call to people after a while. Over the years, I've changed which boards I frequent with some exceptions. I really enjoy the 100 lb club because people there understand what it is like to need to lose 100 lbs or more.

There is the 30 somethings board, the support board, depression and weight issues, general chatter, general diet plans, food, WW (although its different), alternachicks, etc. Since you are overseas, you might be interested in checking in on the UK Chicks. They don't even mind when us americans sneak a peak.

I do wish you luck in finding your place and I understand sometimes it does take time to find out where you fit in.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

You are not alone in not knowing where you fit in and not posting all the time. i am in new Zealand and find it hard to find some one on the same programes weigh in kgs etc and know what sort of food I am talking about. But i guess I will just hang in here until I find someone. Good luck to you, we will find some one if we keep looking. Mary
MaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Post where ever you want. Not everybody fits into nice little category.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:02 PM   #6  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

You are welcome to join our group. We keep the guidelines pretty loose. The bottom line is make up your own plan and to try to eat healthy and exercise!
We all support each other and come from all different backgrounds. Everyone is welcome!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...22#post1587422
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi, and welcome!

There are a few different places that you might find home:

~Alternachicks: I post there sometimes, and this is sort of a haven for those a little more "unique". There are women there who are vegetarians, gothic or punk, yogini/hippie types, sci-fi geeks, Betty Page collectors, Wiccan or other alternative religions...or pretty much personality traits and likes that are a little off the beaten path.

~General Chatter: This is the place where things are discussed that don't relate to our diet or exercise. Problems with a family member, discussions about a tv show-any sort of off topic conversation.

~Exercise!: There are threads here about many different exercise methods-so if you walk, run, strength train, do yoga, exercise dvds at home, Curves, or whatever-you might find a thread there to chat in where people are doing the same sort of exercise that you are.

There is also 30somethings...a section for those with depression and other anxiety issues...and many other nooks and crannies here at 3FC.

I am mainly in General Diet Plans, Pregnant/Nursing, and here in Support-but that is only because those are the sections that I moderate. I often pop into Exercise!, Alternachicks, General Chatter, and many other areas for liesure.

As far as getting your posts noticed-sometimes it really depends on the traffic. There are certain times of the day, and certain days of the week that are much busier in here than in others. For me, sometimes I can be in here 3 times a day...and then other times I can't get in here for a day or two if I am busy.

Also, a lot of us are on "email notification" where if we are chatting on a current thread, we get email notifications when there is a response. Sometimes members look at the threads they are subscribed to only, and don't "surf" around the rest of the forum reading new threads...so if you psot a new thread, try and give it a couple days.

Keep peeking around, and please, don't feel like you have to "stay" in one section of the forum.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:08 PM   #8  
Atkins Chick

S/C/G: highest234/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2 1/2" the 1/2 matters!

I don't belong to a group either. I just post where ever or when ever something strikes me too. I think pretty much everyone here is nice enough to not mind if you pop in whenever you want with a post. So keep posting and hopefully we will all make some new friends!
problysewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:28 PM   #9  
prepare for the BEST time

I've posted to many different groups, you'll start out communicating and find you have common views and interests.....and make a lot of new friends, get support from many different people....come visit and Hot n' Healthy, Jasmine made me feel very welcome a few weeks ago, all the ladies are fun and conversational.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:30 PM   #10  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

I post just in this group, and the UK group as I am from the UK
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

You could also join chalenges from there you may click with some people and find some people to talk with. I do beat the bulge and the people are on all different kinds of plans. I hope you find something that clicks with you.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:40 PM   #12  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I hop around too, depending on my mood. I was heavy into the exercise group til I got injured, now I am not there so much because it makes me cry, but now that I am starting to workout again, I'll be back there.

I tried several places when I started and just kind of float around.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:46 PM   #13  
hara hachi bu

Hi Velveteen! I've kind of made a home here by posting in groups (active or not) relevant to my situation, and in my experience everybody has been inclusive and positive. I've always felt free to post in any group or thread, regardless of whether I was part of the intended audience or not.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:06 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I hop around a lot and chime in anywhere where I feel like it. I've never been dissed because of posting in a place that I "don't belong". I just make myself at home. And after a while, if I don't feel the love, I move onto another board. Right now, I hang out in Maintainers, Featherweights, Calorie Counters, General Chatter and McSkinny's Loozing Floozies. In fact, I've been with these groups for months now. I also look at the new threads and if I see threads started by particular people, I always pop in (usually because I adore their input). I also look for comments from my favorite people. Who cares (I sure hope no one does) if I see a question that I might have information on but it isn't my usual forum? I've posted in UK Chicks and the 300+ forum and I don't really "belong" to either of those groups. But no one got mad at me for putting in my 2 cents worth.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:21 PM   #15  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Exactly what Allison said goes for me. I frequent the UK and featherweights forums although i don't really think I'm a featherweight. They've not kicked me out though and I like them so i'll keep posting there.

I think what nelie said is right - places will call to you after a while but till then post where you like
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote