Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-24-2007, 07:06 PM   #16  
Heather

S/C/G: 203/180/130

Height: 5'3"

Well, in my opinion, 15 miles in 4 hours is way too extreme and could do injury to your body. In your case, your body is used to this rigorous excercise, but still, even so... I also agree with a previous poster that if you use running as a punishment for binging, you will stop enjoying it and make yourself hate it, and in time, you will want to quit running completely.

You know, I am a person who used to eat, eat, eat, out of boredom, out of anger, out of depression, and out of stress. I would even eat when I was happy. Now, I have come to realize, that a brisk walk is a better remedy for anger and stress than food is. I am a person who gets needled at work almost every day by co-workers (I work with a few people who are hateful and cruel, and love to poke fun at people who are thin-skinned like me). I come home, fit to be tied, in a bad mood and snapping at my family. I find just a 30 minute walk helps ease my stress and helps me chill out....
cajungal328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:26 PM   #17  
Groovin 4 a small planet

S/C/G: 2002: 205/129 Now: 155/144/125

Height: 5'4

Crazy? Are you KIDDING? I am so impressed with you-the most strenuous thing I have ever done after a binge is to take a hot bath and cry heavily. Kudos to you, and you have a great attitude! Now I do agree with some of the postings regarding emotional and mental stuff, but I really respect you for making such a determined and strong decision. Was it a long hike, maybe too long? Perhaps, depending on your normal physical fitness regimen, but I have been on a four hour hike/walk/ski run before, so it's not THAT out of the ordinary. Point is, to me, you had a healthy reaction to counteract an unhealthy action, and while it is important to be mindful of obsessive or excessive behavior for our well-beings, I think you deserve to be congratulated on a fitness feat.

Last edited by JaimePhan; 02-25-2007 at 06:34 PM. Reason: spelling and content
JaimePhan is offline   Reply With Quote