3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   What I HAVE done...... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/105238-what-i-have-done.html)

ItsAboutTime 02-21-2007 03:13 PM

What I HAVE done......

Just thought I'd take a minute to reflect on what I HAVE done so far (this past couple weeks I've been getting serious about my weight) because I've been focusing a lot on what I NEED to do still.

I cut out Coke. I was going to allow myself one once a week but the longer it's been the less I NEED it. I am still having a can or so of dt dr pepper a day (although I didn't have any at all yesterday and haven't yet today). I am drinking a ton of water. At least 64 ounces. I like to have 100 or more though. Depends on the day....I drink it much better at work. (And I've been home with sick kiddos.)

I am going to bring my lunch to work. DH and I have a bad habit of getting little pizzas at lunch everyday and it's so not good for me. There is NOWHERE to get food except this pizza place where we work so I bought yogurt and lettuce and all kinds of good things to have instead.

No candy. I haven't eaten out of the candy machine at work for over 2 weeks. I had a tiny butterfinger heart and a little bite size snickers a little bit ago (from DD's Valentine's candy) and it's the first chocolate I've had in weeks. It wasn't even all I thought it'd be either. Which tells me I don't HAVE to have it.

I haven't had chips since Super Bowl Sunday. I don't miss them all that much either. I actually did this on accident....didn't even realize I hadn't had them until it had already been a week. I did buy the puffy cheetos for the girls the other day and looking at them (still unopened) in the cupboard kinda makes me crave them. They are my favorite though.

I would like to somehow get to a gym because nothing is going to happen big time until I start exercising again but I can't fit the money in right now. I should just get off my butt and do a workout video but now I'm addicted to checking this board out. Once I get it all read....lol...I'll get busy doing what you all say!

So, that's that. And I am hoping to be down at least 20 pounds by Easter.

sharonrr 02-21-2007 04:15 PM

Good luck. Sounds you like you are doing some great things already, cutting out the junk. Just be careful not to set your goals too high for weight loss. A 1 -2 lb loss per week is average a little more at the beginning.

Beach Patrol 02-21-2007 04:17 PM

Good for you! It sounds like you're really on the right track!

cbmare 02-21-2007 04:21 PM

Hey there! You'll find a lot of support and very broad shoulders here.

Are you counting your 5 lbs as part of your 20? If so, then you might be able to do it. However, it's hard when you have kids around and bringing your lunch everyday can get boring if you don't mix up the food choices. However, with only a pizza place around, it'll probably be easier to bring your own. I agree with Sharon. Don't set your goal too high.

Good luck and welcome.

Angihas2 02-21-2007 04:21 PM

Small steps make the journey happen, just as big ones do. I started small too. I quit ordering king/super sizes, added in more movement and more water. That's actually how I lost my first 25-35 pounds. I actually wasn't trying to lose weight, just be healthier and ended up dropping 2 sizes and crying for an hour in a dressing room. Small starts I find, are often better, you feel less "deprived". I cut junk food one week, until I was ok with those issues, then cut soda, waited till it was ok, etc etc. I find, to much at once, is a big issue for me, I start wanting immediate, scale results and life just doesn't always happen that way. So I would quit and go back. Small steps work for alot of us. Good job!

srmb60 02-21-2007 04:40 PM

A lot of us do not go to a gym. If you go to stumputuous.com ... she has a workout you can do with things around the house ... or a little bit of equipment you may already have. Oh and the site is very funny to read.

ItsAboutTime 02-21-2007 05:06 PM

Yeah, I'm totally including that 5 pounds. 5 pounds is 5 pounds!

Thanks Susan for the website. I'll have to check it out.

Beach Patrol 02-21-2007 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime (Post 1581531)
Yeah, I'm totally including that 5 pounds. 5 pounds is 5 pounds!

Thanks Susan for the website. I'll have to check it out.

Can I just say something here? Your pic (avatar).... you are a very pretty girl! I love the color of your hair, & your glasses really look good on you.

That's all! Carry on! :D

ItsAboutTime 02-21-2007 07:43 PM

Thank you. That's kind of a dorky picture but I wanted you to be able to put a face with the name. You are too kind!

srmb60 02-21-2007 08:39 PM

Were you the one who didn't want to go to the gym because you thought people would look at you funny?
Honey they're looking at you because you're lovely!

Mami 02-21-2007 08:46 PM

Yes she's very cute. Stylish hair with the front clipped back like that :) A big style in NYC :cool:

ItsAboutTime 02-22-2007 08:49 AM

Thanks again girls. You know how to make a girl BLUSH!

ItsAboutTime 02-22-2007 08:50 AM

OH, and yes, it's me that's scared of the gym.

NurseMichelle 02-22-2007 12:16 PM

Hi I just wanted to add that I LOVE posts where people pat themselves on the back for what they ARE doing instead of beating themselves up for what they're NOT doing. Good for you for looking at the bright side of the struggle.

But I did want to mention that those puffy cheetos are at least BAKED not fried, and not so terrible in fat or calories. In moderation of course.