Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-16-2007, 09:06 AM   #1  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Question Where are my friends who had 85 pounds to lose?

Around the holidays I posted all my stats and found many of you that weighed about the same (216) and had a similiar goal weight (130-140).
Many of you also said to feel free to PM you. But that thread is probably so far buried I'd never find any of you. SOOOO, I just wanted to check and see how it's been going.
For me, it's not been so good. I lose 2 then gain 1. Or I lose 3 in one week, then the next week nothing.
I am trying not to give up due to my "slow start". I figure a little is better then nothing at all, I just need to plan better and work harder. Many days I'm so bummed especially when every place I go the moms are a size 00. Those are the days I want to give up.

So anyway -- if you remember me please post to catch me up on your good days and bad days, and success, or whatever.........
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:16 AM   #2  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

I don't think I was a part of that group, but our goals are roughly the same. I don't mind another buddy, I need all the help I can get! Keep posting, keep coming on for support, that's what we're here for. Good luck!
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:24 AM   #3  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

I wasn't part of the group either but our stats are about the same. I did well initially but it's creeping on again. Any support I can get will help.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/189/140

Height: 5' 5"

I have a LOT of difficulty in keeping up with messages and threads, and figuring out if I've received a reply or not -- so I'd like to jump into you group, if you don't mind.
When I started my dieting process, I needed to lose 60 pounds (OK, 70 if you look at charts), and I somehow managed to get around 30 off during '06 -- but I've lost my momentum. I cannot get going again --
Hopefully you guys will inspire me! And quickly before the weekend hits!
OK Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:42 AM   #5  

I was part of that group! glad you are back
healthytoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

I've only got 61 lbs left to lose... but I started with 104... so at one point I would have been the same.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 07:56 AM   #7  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Wow -- nice to hear from all of you. I'm just so discouraged right now.
I guess because I feel so "sluggish" that I can't motivate myself. I was doing so well going to the Y to workout, then we were hit with snow and ice storms (yes, excuses), but I couldn't bring myself to pack the kids up in all their winter gear then have them walk across a huge parking lot with all that cold wind....so we've been home bound.
What gets me is the other day I was "down", haven't hardly eaten a thing, today I'm UP two pounds.
OK Lizzy and Lovely Purple, what did it for you? You both seem to have done awesome already.
Angihas2 and Clydegirl we can do this, can't we?
I will do better about checking in. My thread name seems to be so long.
I think I'll call it the 85 2 GO club? Is that okay?
I seriously need motivation. I am by far the biggest person I know.
I detest the thought of having to get dressed to go anyplace because it's the same outfit over and over. And spring will be here sooner than we think, I want to wear comfortable and cute clothes this summer.
Thanks for our support....any of you feel free to PM any time at all.
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

You need to eat, girl! "Hardly eaten a thing" is a deffinate no no! You always need to make sure you're eating enough calories to keep your metabolism and blood sugar nice and even. Also, you need to make sure you're drinking enough water... that could also have something to do with your weight gain.

I just tried to stay healthy. Of course I was never perfect.... but the important thing is that I've never given up.

I've been eating between 1400-1600 calories per day, and drinking 2-3 liters of water. For exercersizing I've been doing half an hour on the treadmill 6 days a week, and then I've been alternating doing upper body and lower body 4 days a week (upper body one day, lower body the next). Sometimes when I'm feeling unbelievably bored with my routine, I'll do a workout tape instead.

Maybe you could invest in a workout tape, that way when you get stuck inside by the weather... you NEVER have an excuse not to exercise.

Good luck, babe. You can do this! We're all here for you. We've all been down in the dumbs and discouraged... but it's important to just pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and get started again.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 04:30 PM   #9  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

2Bthin yes we can do this. We know what works and what doesn't. It's hard to get back on the program sometimes when you are feeling so discouraged

I know what you mean about summer the thought of going to the pool with my youngest and having to put on a swimsuit

So this week I need to start exercising again and watching what is going in my mouth.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote