My first goal....

• I made the decision today to begin a walking program and will walk on my lunch hour at work beginning Monday (need to get some sweats). It is too dark when I get home and night and dark when I leave in the morning so lunchtime seems the perfect time. Currently, I hardly ever take a lunch, just keep working but I not only need to get exercise I need to learn to walk away from my work EVERY DAY for my own mental health.

One small baby step.......I know I can do this!
  • I noticed you had not yet had any replies and just wanted to comment that yes you CAN do it. And it's always one baby step at a time.
    GOOD LUCK!!!!!
  • That's a great start - good luck with it! Check back in with us in a few days and tell us how it's going, ok?
  • good plan, good for your body, and mental health.
  • Good for you. I know for me the HARDEST part of this whole deal is excersize. Once I'm actually doing it, I feel great but getting me to do it, requires a great mental argument and debate. Congrats on getting going!
  • Getting moving is the best thing! Great plan! I walk almost every day, too, and I feel so much better when I do.

Keep a goin'!

Jay
  • I'm having that problem this week! I NEED to go to the gym since I've been eating more than I should lately but I just dont feel like going to the darn gym AGAIN. I'm very excited because I just ordered an expensive home elliptical. I am hoping to burn 3500 calories per week on that thing. I'm so hopeful that not even needing to leave the house to get a good work out will get things going more regularly. Then I can leave the gym for weights only since I'm doing the cardio at home. Hope this works for me!
  • Hi, I have been walking and/or jogging on my lunch for about 4 1/2 years now. It is such a great break from work (I sit all day). It has been the best thing I have done for myself. When I started I was 60 pounds overweight after my first pregnancy (& did WW, lost 40), then walked until the day before I delivered my second child. I walk with my boss and other co-worker, we motivate each other when one of us doesn't feel like going.
    Good luck to you!!! It is a great habit to get into!