3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Secret Goals? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/104408-secret-goals.html)

phantastica 02-11-2007 02:10 AM

Secret Goals?

I have a secret goal. It's seemingly unrealistic, so unrealistic that I don't want to share it with anybody until I get closer to my goal weight, and until the goal seems a little more do-able.

I want to join an all-female roller derby team.

I looked at two local teams. One seems a lot more professional than the other, so my guess is I should probably shoot for the less professional team first. Skating (roller and ice) is a physical activity I can get excited about, and having a team would provide a little more permanence to adding this activity to my life.

Anybody else have a goal that seems far fetched? I'm afraid if I share this with others who know me, they might think I'm out of my mind because I'm in no shape to be on any sort of athletic team.

dhvaya 02-11-2007 02:20 AM

I want to go back to weighing 115 lbs and having a 20" waist again - just like I did in 1999, the year before I married and started the headlong downhill rush to obesity.

Yes, it seems so intimidating and so pathetic that I do NOT share this with anyone I know in real life. I don't want them to laugh me off the planet. Moreover, not having other people tell me I'm so sad makes me harbor illusions that maybe... just maybe.... when I've hit the 130s, I can go for the magic figure of 115.

FreeSpirit 02-11-2007 02:29 AM

This is going to sound REALLY odd... but I want to be able to wear, and look good in, cute underwear.

sweet_talker 02-11-2007 03:01 AM

I want to stand with my feet closer together, without my thighs touching :lol: and...a little random, i want to fit into my bf's pants. He's got that muscular but super slim thing arghhhhh...

Gamerchick 02-11-2007 03:20 AM

I want to be smaller than my 5'8" 119 boyfriend...and I want to eat less than him. I want him to be able to pick me up and be in wonder, "You are SO light!"

FreeSpirit 02-11-2007 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamerchick (Post 1568947)
I want to be smaller than my 5'8" 119 boyfriend...and I want to eat less than him. I want him to be able to pick me up and be in wonder, "You are SO light!"

I'd like to be smaller than my boyfriend, too. I would love to be able to wear his clothes and have them be big on me. I want him to be able to pick me up and swing me around. I want to fit inside of his arms when he holds me.

This is going to sound silly, but, I want his friends to be jealous of him and think that I'm hot.

sweet_talker 02-11-2007 03:31 AM

lovelypurple...that is not silly. I feel the same way.

pixiefalls 02-11-2007 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovelypurple (Post 1568938)
This is going to sound REALLY odd... but I want to be able to wear, and look good in, cute underwear.

You hit the nail on the head.. I am right there with you:). I've always wanted to be able to look good in cute underwear. I'd also LOVE to weigh less than my boyfriend.

phantastica 02-11-2007 04:00 AM

A friend of mine knows it's time to lose weight when she realizes she can no longer fit into her husband's pants.

And yeah, I understand wanting to wear cute underwear. Sometimes I confuse my underwear with my bedsheets. LOL

Tealeaf 02-11-2007 06:53 AM

I want to be able to do a backflip. I have no idea why. I know there is no way at all I'll ever be able to do so. But I want to!

JayEll 02-11-2007 07:34 AM

Being a roller derby woman sounds fun!!! Go ahead and get there!!

I'd like to be at the weight I was at when I did martial arts. Once my weight got too high, I couldn't do it any more because I would get hurt during falls. I'm not about to take up martial arts again, but I'd like to be at that weight.

I wear men's pants generally because they fit my body better than women's, so there's no thrill there. :lol:

Jay

shelby897 02-11-2007 07:57 AM

What a bunch of great ideas -- that only those of us struggling with our weight would understand!!

I played on a woman's soccer team a few years ago and would love to do it again!!! (And the whole "normal sized" underwear/pants would be great too!!)

LisaMarie71 02-11-2007 01:35 PM

My secret goals are to run a marathon and to become a cross country coach at the school where I teach. I've told a few people, but I keep it secret because it seems so ridiculous!!

Glory87 02-11-2007 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhvaya (Post 1568935)
I want to go back to weighing 115 lbs and having a 20" waist again - just like I did in 1999, the year before I married and started the headlong downhill rush to obesity.

A 20" waist? I checked the sizing charts at J. Crew - a petite extra small (size 0-2) is 23-24 inches.

sumisan 02-11-2007 01:55 PM

God I relate to nearly everyone! I secretly want to be the "hot" mom on the block. I also want to learn how to kick ***, you know like secret agent type kick ***. HAHA oh god I am going into a hole to die now. --Sumi