Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-10-2007, 09:05 AM   #1  
Stronger Than Yesterday

Default the last few pounds

Hi gals!
It's been a while since I've posted!
So the weight loss was going GREAT up until a couple of weeks ago. I came down to 136, 6 pounds off my goal. I finally fit into my size 8 again (yes!!!) and everyone has noticed the loss. It's fantastic, and I'm so proud of myself.. just one problem! I've stopped losing and I'm starting to slip into old habits! YIKES! Anyone have advice on keeping on track with just a few pounds to go?
I need a good kick in the butt!!!
juliebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 10:10 AM   #2  

This is where the fun begins. I have been within 10 lbs of my goal for a year. Now is when you really set your lifestyle. Because you are so close, you don't want to watch any more, but this is when you should watch the closest. It's too easy to add in 100 calories here, 150 there. Once you stop losing, it's because your body has adapted to that calorie and activity level.

Maybe increase your exercise for a month or two. Or increase the intensity. Maybe decrease the calories for a week. If you find the answer, please let us know.
northernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 10:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernbelle View Post
lifestyle. Because you are so close, you don't want to watch any more, but this is when you should watch the closest.
If you want to keep the weight off, you have to "watch" for the rest of your life.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I am in the same boat. I have changed my exercise routine. Day 1- I do calestectics(sp?) and some free weights then I do my gazelle for 30-60 mins then the nxt day I do a worout tape I am now back down to 141 hoping to get back to 138(before x-mas weight) until I changed my routine nothing else worked.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:36 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

If you use a tracking tool like FitDay, be sure to change your Weight Goal setup so that it reflects your current weight and not your original start weight. Otherwise it's easy to be eating just a few too many calories and being essentially in maintenance. I'm not there yet, obviously, but I was reading about this on another thread--how the more you lose, the fewer the calories you need for basic needs.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

And you can join us in the Featherweights Forum
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=197
where we're all about getting rid of those final few pounds.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:25 AM   #7  
Stronger Than Yesterday

Talking

northernbelle - yes!! that's exactly what has happened. "yay me! i'm almost there.. guess i can relax a bit" WRONG! haha. nice to see someone understands thanks for your suggestions.. if i come up with anything i'll be sure to pass it on!

glory - i agree that we will all have to "watch" for the rest of our lives. i do think that it's a different feeling though, and an all new journey.

canadian mom - congrats on working so hard. i'm going to try changing things up a bit and see how that works. good luck to you!!

jayell - i do use fitday and never thought of that! thanks for the suggestion!!

susanb - i'm on my way over there now!
juliebee is offline   Reply With Quote