Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-12-2007, 10:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/195/155

Height: 5'7

Default i fell off the wagon

I had been doing soo good for a couple months,then it all went down hill. I was really stressed out about different things, and then it was TOM and oh my god. At that time i just eat everything in sight, it is awfull. So now i feel bad that i have done so bad for the past two weeks, and i am very mad at myself. I know i have to start over again, but i dont want to keep slipping like this. Anyone else feel my pain?
50lbstomuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:41 AM   #2  

I tend to have stronger cravings during and right before my period, especially for salty things, and anything chocolate. I found it useful to just plan to eat some of those things I crave, for a couple of days. Allowing myself a full dark chocolate bar might blow the calorie budget for the day, but it's a heck of alot better then falling off for two weeks. And since it's planned I don't feel like I'm being bad.

You can still lose weight, without total deprivation, if you allow yourself a few human weaknesses in a sensible way.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:34 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

The most important thing is to continue with your program! Let those "bad" two weeks go--you'll never get them back. Start fresh now! Get back to your calorie tracking, or portions, or points, whatever system you've been using, and move on in the right direction.

I have been where you're at myself--with somewhat different circumstances--but instead of getting back on my program, I just gave up. Months later I realized I had gained back the weight, again. This happened more than once, I guess I'm a slow learner.

I think Tealeaf has a good suggestion--if you can work *some* of those favorite foods into your program around TOM, then maybe you can avoid going all-out and blowing the whole thing. You know it's coming, so plan around it.

Good luck! Hang in there! Don't give up!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:42 AM   #4  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

I've been there too, I know what you mean.

Jay and Tealeaf have great suggestions - there's no point in feeling deprived I think it tends to backfire. Maybe around TOM it would be easier for you to maintain rather than try to lose? Good luck, you can do this!!
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/195/155

Height: 5'7

Thank you all so much, it really does help to have support.
50lbstomuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:47 PM   #6  
Destination:ONEderland!

S/C/G: 375/360/199

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50lbstomuch View Post
I had been doing soo good for a couple months,then it all went down hill. I was really stressed out about different things, and then it was TOM and oh my god. At that time i just eat everything in sight, it is awfull. So now i feel bad that i have done so bad for the past two weeks, and i am very mad at myself. I know i have to start over again, but i dont want to keep slipping like this. Anyone else feel my pain?
I DEFINITELY feel your pain.I had been doing so good in the month of January.I even lost 15lbs!Then I started a job on February 1st,so I was no longer home all day with time in my hands to do things and plan meals and workout,etc...so I found myself not eating my NutriSystem food anymore.I went back to eating how I used to and I am HATING IT! I think I've gained a couple of those 15lbs I lost last month. I don't wanna go back to my old ways. I need encouragement and inspiration...I need to get back on track. HELP!
IwannaLoseIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:38 PM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Gosh! Hang in there, IwannaLoseIt! Get back to your NutriSystem plan! You can make it work--it will take some effort, but you can do it. We all face changes in life, and the trick is to keep them from derailing you from your direction! Here, take hope!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:35 PM   #8  

Another consideration, IwannaLoseIt, is that perhaps nutrisystem isn't best suited for your new schedual. Perhaps it might be better if you made small changes, one or two at a time, to eat less/healthier. Once these become habit, you can change another thing. You'll lose weight more slowly at first, but as these new habits become ingrained, you might have an easier time keeping the weight off.

I was morbidly obese for years, tried several programs. The only time I lost and kept off the weight is when I took this "baby step" approach. Long term is more important than short term fast success!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:10 PM   #9  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Remember, you aren't "starting over". You're still down 11 pounds, you STILL know how to eat healthy, you still know how to excersize and as those 11 pounds have proven, you know how to work your plan and more importantly, make it work for you. I agree with the planning the extra's into your monthly food calories. I look at calories like money, I do roughly 1400-1600 calories a day, at the end of the week, thats about 9800 calories<dollars> I have to spend, some days, I only spend 1000, some days I spend 1800, but at the end of the week, the total is 9800 bucks spent. So, the last few weeks you've spent more than your daily allowance, reign yourself in abit over the next few weeks and at the end of the month, the balance sheet should tally. But, you haven't LOST anything, except time and you learned a lesson. You binged and now emotionally, you're beating the crap out of yourself. Honey, you're human, it's going to happen. What you do from this moment on, is what matters. Take it one meal at a time, one snack at a time, one day at a time. To keep worrying and agonizing over what you did yesterday, or last week, doesn't help you today, just plan accordingly. Good luck!
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote