3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Need "Reward" ideas - help! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/104234-need-reward-ideas-help.html)

Lunula 02-08-2007 11:13 AM

Need "Reward" ideas - help!

I've decided once and for all to take control of my life. I've contacted a therapist who specializes in eating disorders (I'm a huge binger) and have an appointment set up on the 22nd of this month. I've found a local Weight Watchers and I've found a local "Curves for Women" - I'm serious this time!

One of my ideas to help motivate me is to create two boxes - one box will contain pieces of paper with "goals" and the other with "rewards." At the beginning of each month, I will pull out a random "goal" and if I achieve it for the entire month, I will then be able to pull out a "reward" the next month (along with a new goal).

Some of my goals include: exercising every day, going to the gym 5 days per week, getting to bed by 10:30 every night, 100% compliance with Weight Watchers plan, etc.

Some of my rewards include: getting a manicure, pedicure, massage, treating myself to $25 worth of stuff at Amazon (I'm an Amazon addict) or buying myself a new pair of shoes.

I need more rewards ideas!!! It can definitely be something that requires money, but I want to steer clear of anything that involves food (don't want to reward myself with food anymore). And they have to be good rewards, something I'd really look forward to.

Hopefully all my goals will become habit! I just need more ideas - how would you reward yourself? :)

phantastica 02-08-2007 11:30 AM

I would reward myself with new art supplies, or a trip to a museum with a friend, tickets to a concert, paying a housecleaning service, ordering groceries to be delivered, taking a day off of work and giving myself permission to indulge in guilty pleasures like staying in pajamas all day, watching daytime TV, etc.

nikkimac76 02-08-2007 11:55 AM

You already have some fabulous ideas!

I think I would reward myself with a trip to Sephora or Bath & Body Works. Or maybe a new sweater.

alinnell 02-08-2007 12:00 PM

How about a shopping trip to a mall/city that is far from home--make it a day and take along a friend.

sweet_talker 02-08-2007 01:53 PM

How about making the time to visit a friend who lives far away that you've been meaning to see?

cinderly 02-08-2007 02:07 PM

In addition to those already mentioned in the thread:

- cool toys for your favorite sport
- new workout gear or shoes
- fresh flowers every week for a month (doesn't have to be spendy -- just the grocery store bouquet will work)
- really nice stationery
- movie tickets
- magazine subscription
- online music service subscription or X dollars for song downloads
- X dollar clothing allowance
- sleep in for an hour on a weekday (have to clear it with the boss ahead of time)
- pay someone else to wash the car
- hire yard work/snow removal for a week

Lunula 02-08-2007 03:48 PM

Oooooh! These are awesome!! Thanks so much - I knew you all would have some great ideas! :D

Cheryl14 02-09-2007 07:52 AM

Hi Lunula!

Congratulations for coming up with a fun plan that should make weight loss more F-U-N!:carrot:

One question I have for your GOALS box:

Will you do that goal ONLY for the month, or will you add-on a goal? For example, will you get to sleep by 10:30PM every night for a month and then STAY with that and add on a new goal OR will you then just focus on the new goal for the next month? I was thinking that it might be better to keep adding on new strategies each month. Your GOAL box sounds more like GOOD WEIGHT LOSS STRATEGIES than actual GOALS.

How about monthly goals being more like: 1) 5 pounds lost, 2) 50 miles walked, 3) 20 hours of exercise completed etc. These are measurable goals that can be combined to produce a FANTASTIC result!

You could also have your NEW STRATEGIES box with many of the things that you listed for GOALS in your post. By incorporating them and adding on each month or even each week, you will soon have a real workable solid plan that meets your own needs and your own lifestyle!

As for REWARDS, I think for me the best reward is new clothing. I have also used a new DVD as a reward or new nailpolish or even a new pair of shoes. I've bought magazines, treated myself to a spa day where I take a bubble bath, do my nails, put on a masque (Those peel-off ones are FUN!) and do NO HOUSEWORK all day, and just stay in my terrycloth robe and slippers all day long! The possibilities are endless! Just pick things that really seem like a reward and that DON'T include FOOD!

Good Luck! :luck2you:

My son and his fiancee visited your beautiful country a couple years ago! They definitely want to return! They LOVED the people, the land, the climate, and said it was just a amazing spot on the face of the earth! :)

Cheryl

ChadsMate 02-09-2007 12:16 PM

Great ideas! Another reward might be to volunteer at a hospital/soup kitchen/hospice, etc., to give something to others. It's very rewarding.