Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-06-2007, 01:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/166/135

Default Feeling down since gaining back 10lbs

Hey All

January of 2006 I had decided to change my life by starting Nutrisystem. In 3 months I had lost 27lbs. I was so happy. I stopped using NS & maintained my weight loss until my b-day in Nov 2006. My family threw me a big b-day bash & since then I've gained back 10lbs. It's 100% my fault, I shouldn't have let it go. So now the dilema is that my brother-in-law is getting married in April & I'm in the wedding party. My future sister-in-law wants to take me for my second dress fitting next saturday. When I originally tried the dress on, I was 10lbs lighter so they ordered me a smaller dress. But now I'm afraid since gaining the weight that I won't fit into the dress they ordered me. So as of yesterday I've been eating better & I joined the gym. I need to get back down to the weight that I was when I originally tried the dress in order for me to go back for my second fitting. I just feel so blah so I need some motivation. I'm on a time crunch because the wedding is coming up fast & the time is flying. Anyone have any tips or suggestions as to how I can lose the weight quickly?
wickedgrl_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

You can do it. We all have lost and gained weight. I hear that some people once they have lost the weight weigh themselves everyday. That is what I plan on doing. Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day. Weight train 3-4 days a week, because muscle will burn more calories. You know what to do just do it. Make sure you drink plenty of water and don't starve yourself so you keep your metabolism going.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:06 PM   #3  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

First of all...we have all been there... Nothing sucks worse than losing weight that you have already lost...in fact...doing a little of that myself at the moment. You are still down from your original weight so you are already ahead of alot of people!

So! Roll up your sleeves and get back to what you know worked for you before. Lots of water...smaller meals more often...stepping up the workout intensity, duration, or frequency...you can do it...if you want it...
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:18 PM   #4  

Thanks for the support ladies, it's good to know that I'm not alone. My body is just very weird because for the amount of excersizing & all the water I drink, I should be alot thinner than what I am. I usually work out 5 days a week & I drink atleast 3 liters of water a day. I fluctuate alot. I think the only thing I did wrong was weighing myself yesterday because my "aunt flo" is suppose to stop to visit me either today or tomorrow. I'm hoping that next week when I weigh myself the scale will be a little kinder. I'm hitting the gym tonight after work. I usually do 60 minutes on the elliptical. I just joined again yesterday. I was doing Turbo Jam at home which I absolutely love & switching it with The Firm. But I think I need to get on that elliptical since it's low impact. I'll keep you guys updated on my progress.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

The problem with programs such as nutrisystem is that you dont really learn how to count calories to maintain your weight loss. I've never gone up that high from AF's visit, so not sure if the 10 lbs is actual fat gain or just water weight. Probably a bit of both. Be mindful that, if you go back to eating the way you did before you lost, you will gain all of the weight back. Try logging everything you eat into fitday.com and see how many calories you're consuming. We can give you more tips if we had this info. Best of luck getting back on plan (OP)!
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I lost 38 pounds since January 2006 and then gained 8 from Thanksgiving until Christmas--so we're kind of in the same place. I've since lost 1 pound, but it took 5 weeks of a plateau to do that!

I agree you should write down all you eat for a few days and check your calorie levels. Then make a menu plan that will put you at a lower calorie level and then stick to the plan. You'll see improvement in no time!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:46 PM   #7  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Wickedgrl!

Here's a thought... Getting into the dress probably has a lot more to do with INCHES LOST than it does with WEIGHT. Exercise helps firm you up and helps you lose INCHES even if the weight lost hasn't YET caught up with the inches lost.

Hit those exercises, eat good, nutritious foods to fuel your workouts, and I bet you will may even need that dress TAKEN IN before the wedding!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:28 AM   #8  

Good Morning ladies

I just wanted to thank you all for the nice things said . It helps keep me motivated. Last night was my first day back at the gym. I worked on the elliptical for 60 minutes burned 570 calories. My goal at the gym everyday will be to burn 500 calories. If I can do that 5x a week, I should be back on track pretty soon. Have a good day everyone.