Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-05-2007, 06:47 PM   #16  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Oh yeah,
I am injured right now and cant run and I am a grumpy kitty
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:50 PM   #17  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikaia View Post
Not to bring everyone down or anything, but how can you *like* exercising? I hate it with a seething passion. Mostly cause I get incredibly BORED. I've tried a fair number of things, and every time, after about ten minutes, I'm looking at my watch every 90 seconds or so, going "Am I done yet? Am I done yet? Can I stop now? I could be doing my homework...or writing...or practicing my music...anything but this...Have I finished yet?"

Which is why, like your co-worker, Indychick, I'm trying to get into DDR. I've got the pad already, I'm waiting on the game to arrive (I bought online). I'm hoping desperately that this will FINALLY be the thing that can hold my attention and double as entertainment while I'm working out.
I didnt start liking it until I started training for events (there are walking events too) and it became more than a weight loss thing. Honestly, now for me exercise is completely independent of weight goals.

But I hate machines..they bore me,
Old 02-05-2007, 06:52 PM   #18  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I love hiking myself and its a shame you don't have any access because California does have some great hiking. I'm hoping to take DH to a trip to Monterey and area in the near future where we can go hiking and do other things as well. When I went to a UC, I didn't have a car so I walked everywhere and although I was still above 300 lbs, I didn't gain weight. I would walk to the mall 5 miles away, or take a bus to the beach and walk or just walk around campus.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:49 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I used to hate exercising, which is probably one of the reasons I weighed 275 pounds. I've always wanted to run but never thought I could, so now that I've worked up to it, I love it. I get upset when I can't run because I'm sick or I can't get outside or to a treadmill. I'm just now starting to do regular strength training and I love that too, but nothing compares to cardio for me. There's something about working up a really good sweat that feels great to me -- it's like I'm ridding my body of toxins and stress and all kinds of negative stuff (not just fat)!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:52 PM   #20  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Sometimes I think that, if I could keep myself from knocking myself unconscious with my heaving boobage (I don't have a proper sports bra and can't afford one right now), I might enjoy running outdoors. Not sure *where* I'd run. But I imagine I could find somewhere...Even just around my neighborhood would work, right?

Ah, well. Maybe once I've got some money stashed. We'll see.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:08 PM   #21  

There are bras to fit pretty much any body. Check the sticky thread in the Exercise folder.

But if you won't go to the gym because of who else is there, I bet you'll decide that you can't run outside because of who'll see you there, too.

Maybe it's time to ask yourself which matters more to you-- how much you hate to exercise, or how much you'd like to be thinner and healthier.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:43 PM   #22  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
I used to think I hated exercise. A few months ago I injured my ankle and couldn't do my routine exercise for quite a while and I actually Missed it. I'm not always thrilled knowing I have to exercise, but once I go ahead and get it done, it always makes me feel better. I just tell myself that I "Have" to exercise to maintain my wt. loss, it's not a choice for me either.
That's kind of where I stand with it. I can't say I enjoy actually exercising. But I know I need to do it, and I enjoy what it does for me and how I feel afterwards. And I feel like I'm missing out if I can't get in my exercise. I worry that I'll become too soft and pull too far away from it if I don't get to do it several days in a row for whatever reason.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:19 PM   #23  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

If a day goes by that Angie doesn't stretch for an hour or so, do yoga, or run/walk her 3-5 miles she is one sick kitty! She lives to exercise!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:45 AM   #24  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I am a self-confessed exercise addict! I think I replaced my obsession with food with an obsession for exercise... Well actually I think I'm still obsessed with food!

Man I can't get enough! I started out with 1 hour long kickboxing class a week. Loved that so much I upped it to 3 classes, then gradually I started lifting properly at home too, then I started running doing couch to 5k. Running isn't something I particularly love, but I love racing, and I love being able to say "I ran a half-marathon" and I love that I can do something that I didn't think I could do!

Then I added another hour of kickboxing in there, and I now teach for another hour a week, so 5 hours of kickboxing a week, every week day in the gym that I can, running on the odd ocassions and training for specific runs and I wish there were more hours in the week so that I could try climbing walls, and horse riding and GymBox classes and wrestling and yoga and pilates and trampolining and tap dancing and belly dancing and EVERYTHING! The more I do, the more I want to do

Feel alive - exercise!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 258/258/200

Height: 5ft. 8in.

Wow, all of you inspire me. I was a Leslie Sansone fan several years ago, but after faithly doing the DVD's five days a week for 3 monthes I still hadn't lost more than 2 pounds. To say I was frustrated is an understatement. Recently the gym at my local high school was renovated and is now open to the public before and after school. I really enjoyed that, but then Christmas happened and I just haven't been back since. Reading what all of you have written has inspired me. I will go back to the gym tomorrow. I will. I want to be healthy. I want to be happy.
anne08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:49 AM   #26  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Nikaia!

Have you tried Turbo Jam? I never get bored with it because there are so many different parts of it to do. Also, as I get better and remember the choreography better, I really CAN focus on getting better technique, stronger kicks, increasing intensity.

For me, the trick has been to continually mix it up. I did my exrcise ball routine yesterday morning and Cardio Mix 1 and 3 for Turbo Jam in the evening. This morning I did a different exercise ball routine and will focus on weights this evening as I watch TV. I rarely do anything the same - even a couple days in a row.

I tend to be a pretty unstructured person and enjoy randomness A LOT! I like to try different things and get new ideas. Keep searching! You will find something that is fun and interesting!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:51 AM   #27  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne08 View Post
Wow, all of you inspire me. I was a Leslie Sansone fan several years ago, but after faithly doing the DVD's five days a week for 3 monthes I still hadn't lost more than 2 pounds. To say I was frustrated is an understatement. Recently the gym at my local high school was renovated and is now open to the public before and after school. I really enjoyed that, but then Christmas happened and I just haven't been back since. Reading what all of you have written has inspired me. I will go back to the gym tomorrow. I will. I want to be healthy. I want to be happy.
This isnt unusual. I can not lose weight without exercise, but I also cannot lose weight with JUST exercise. My body naturally craves more food when I exercise, so I have to really watch it.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:43 PM   #28  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

I didn't like excercising until I started getting into the dance-y excercise DVDs. I liked WATP and it got me to the point where I could last more than 5 min, but I LOVE the challenge of learning the steps and once I've learned them I really get a good work out.

Now I look forward to doing my hourly work out. I was struggling to do my 3-5 days a week and now I'm annoyed if I miss a day. I will say the pay is bigger afterwards than before when I am rolling out of bed, but I think now that I've found something I really like it makes it alot easier.

Right now I alternate between Yoga Booty Ballet and some of the prevention fitness DVDs.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:45 PM   #29  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

I am sure others can correct me if I'm wrong...

One of the things about the WATP I didn't like was the repetion of the same 4 steps. Maybe your body was ready for a change. I know they are done in combination, but sometimes its nice to mix it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne08 View Post
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:37 PM   #30  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Yup!!! I love to work out! I have a really bad problem when I am grounded from exercise for any length of time. I can take short breaks or a day off here and there but anything more than that and I start to suffer mild depression and stress. The endorphins I get from my workouts keep my moods more stable and my eatin better and in check. I also cannot lose weight through exercise alone though...eating has to be right...but I have an easier time controlling my food when I have moved my body in some way. My DH believes the endorphin thing is a myth since he doesn't seem to experience the same feeling when he gets on the elliptical!
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote