Stretch Marks: is there a Magic Wand?

• Howdy Y'all!!

Anyone have a good way to make stretch marks less visible / dissapear? I've tried most creams all to no avail- mine are not red anymore, but are still annoying!!!
    Also, Is it true that you can get stretch marks by losing weight too, or is this just a myth.

Thanks!!
  • You are unfortunately stuck with them forever. Check out the Skin FAQ over in the maintainer's forum for more information.
  • They do fade over time, but you have them forever. I think there are surgical alternatives via plastic surgery, but I'm not savvy enough to comment on that option.
  • Fair enough. Thanks

PS I think that michaelangelo quote couldn't be more inspirational or appropriate for these forums!!! Do u mind if I copy cat? I love iT!!!
  • Of course you can I love it too.
  • Quote: They do fade over time, but you have them forever. I think there are surgical alternatives via plastic surgery, but I'm not savvy enough to comment on that option.
    Not even the wonders of ps can get rid of the stretch marks........ only the stretch marks that are on redundant pieces of skin that a surgeon would remove as a part of a tummy tuck or thighplasty and the like. And that isn't much.
  • That's funny shrinkingchica - reminds me of what my grandad used to say when we stained our clothes- - "how am I going to get this out?" to which he'd reply "with a pair of warm scissors" The one thing I learned is getting a bit of a tan does help disguise them to an extent.