3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   What should I do? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/103261-what-should-i-do.html)

starshinek 01-28-2007 04:20 PM

What should I do?

I'm just looking for some kind of advice here...

I was on a roll with losing weight - I think I've lost like 23 lbs since Dec 1. I have not been depriving myself, instead just eating in moderation and exercising. I felt really good and people really could notice the change in weight.

Fast forward to right now - I decided to try a product called 4.3.2.1 Diet & Detox. I wanted to cleanse out any bad things that might be in my organs. I did not do it for the "diet" part of the title.

Here's the problem: The detox is a 10 day thing. It's just a liquid that you add to 32 oz of water and drink throughout the day. I'm on Day 3 of it and I've gained like 0.5 lbs. Now I know that 1/2 a pound is not a lot, but I was consistently going down in weight until this product. I'm not sure it it is just a coincendence or if it is the product...

I think that the product has been adding about 60 calories and maybe 8 g of carbs per day, but that will soon decrease because each couple of days you put 1 less capful in water.

(By the way, even if I ate some pizza slice I would STILL lose weight, so the fact that I have gained weight, been exercising more, AND been eating perfectly boggles my mind.)

Should I continue with the detox for 7 more days to see what happens or just stop now? I definitely do not want to gain the weight that I worked so hard to lose.

Oh, one more thing that I might add - I got a new exercise video - Eyetoy Kinetic (which is awesome and you should totally try it) and I've been doing that as well as what I have been doing. It's totally kicking my butt and makes me feel good, but I can't figure out WHY in the world the scale increased.

There isn't too many reviews out there either. Overall, this product got great reviews from people, but there were a handful that said that they gained a couple of pounds from it...

Any thoughts would really be appreciated!

veggielover 01-28-2007 04:29 PM

whats in the product again? Its not one of those yay for 10lb of water loss juices, is it?

denice81 01-28-2007 04:40 PM

probably your new diet and lifestyle are taking care of the "detox" on thier own!!! I'm also curious as to what is in this stuff, and how long its been around. I'm VERY weary of products like this...not just for the weight loss or gain properties but the bizarre chemicals that they might stick in there!

veggielover 01-28-2007 04:44 PM

I've noticed a lot of those detox juices these days contain lemon juice and cayenne pepper... it makes me want to vomit just thinking about it...

JayEll 01-28-2007 05:11 PM

It's very unlikely that it's causing the weight gain, and half a pound isn't a gain worth worrying about. Weight can vary quite a bit just from day to day or with TOM, etc. Could be just water weight.

If you think the product is helping you, finish the 10 days. If not, don't. Keep to the rest of your program, of course!

Jay

starshinek 01-28-2007 05:35 PM

Thanks for the replies...

The proprietary ingredients are:
Green tea leaf extract, Dandelion root extract, Cola nut
extract (Cola nitida), Mate bush leaf extract (Yerba
mate), Chicory root, Yunnan tea leaf extract, Sweet
fennel seed extract, Celery leaf and tip extract, Nopal
cactus and Artichoke leaf extract.

Other ingredients: water, fructo-oligosaccharides, maltodextrin, glycerol, xylitol, natural tea flavoring, citric acid, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, potassium phosphate and lemon flavonoids.

Do y'all know much about these? Usually I wouldn't just go and get something, but I heard good things from a few ppl that have tried it at Whole Foods, so I figured that I would try it out too.

JayEll 01-28-2007 06:32 PM

Having used herbal remedies for many things for a number of years, I am of the opinion that none of those ingredients is harmful, and many have helpful uses. Those "other ingredients" are kind of questionable, especially the fructose--but as you said, it's only 60 cals.

Always go by what your body tells you, however. It turns out that I have an allergic reaction to the herb form of nettles, which is practically unheard of. So you never know.

Still, if you're feeling OK, I wouldn't worry about the half pound.

Jay

starshinek 01-28-2007 08:06 PM

Glad to hear that the main ingredients aren't harmful, Jay. Thanks!

The funny thing is that I can't really tell if I feel like this is helping me. It said that it is supposed to give you more energy, not as hungry, and cleanse out your organs... I def. do not feel more energetic - just the same.

I think that I'll stick it out for the remaining 7 days and see how I feel. Maybe it takes a couple of days to get in your system???

I appreciate your knowledge with the ingredients though - I prob should have checked that out BEFORE I started taking this stuff. Ha, ha.