My First Weight Loss Goal

• Ok, here is my first goal, I am going to be doing this is steps, we have an event at our local aquarium and we will be taking all of our personal exotic reptiles and tortoises etc for others to see during the wildlife expo that goes on here in town for a couple of days, soooooo I want to lose at least 10lbs before Saturday February 17th 2007
    I read on the home page about Hoodia and how it helped one of the girls that started this site so I purchased it, I started taking them the day before yesterday, I didn't noticed much change that day but yesterday I noticed I didn't eat as much as the day before and so far today I am not as hungry as yesterday, I am not a change of eating habits cold turkey type of gal so I figure as long as I eat less and less everyday than I am doing better. In the next few days I will start back at the gym
    I will keep everyone updated, I weighed myself this Am on my scale at home and it is 204 but I know that will change soon.
    Hope everyone is doing well on their goals
    Have a great day
  • Well, good luck to you! Make sure you are eating right and watching your intake--the gym sounds great--don't rely only on the supplement to make the change. We'll be rooting for ya!

Jay
  • Great advise, thank you Jay
    I am trying to watch my intake, however it is not always easy, I think I am so use to eating what ever I want its hard to fight the cravings, although last night I craved a chocolate sunday but had a bowl of special K instead
    it will take some time, it can't happen over night and I have finally come to that realization and the hoodia is just for some craving help, I tend to overeat and I was hoping that would help with that and so far so good.

Way to go on your weight loss, 21lbs, that is awesome, I can't wait for my scale to show that. I appreciate the support
    have a great day and keep up the fabulous work
  • I Have been taking the hoodia for about a month or so now. And i now that it wont make me loose the weight but it does help me not be as hungry, which really helps. I have tried two different kinds of it, and it seems one works a little better than the other. What one do you use? We started about the same weight, and are going down to almost the same too, kinda neat... Good luck...
  • I purchased the Hoodia Plus in capsule form, I heard the actual extract liquid form might be the best one but this is the one I found on the home page of this website so I thought I would give it a shot. I know it wont burn the fat off me(only I can do that, lol ) but same as you I needed help with appetite control, boy do I, lol I can be so full that I feel I am going to vomit all my food up yet I will eat more because I crave it, I wonder if I could sand off my taste buds like bad varnish on a dresser, lol

I am glad to hear it is working for you as well, congrats on the weight loss, I know every lb makes a difference
  • I took hoodia to begin with to help fight the hunger but as I started feeling more in control of my hunger and food intake, I stopped taking it. It was good to have something help me out in the beginning.
  • Usually the first few weeks of a new eating lifestyle are the hardest. Substituting is a fabulous idea, like you substituted the sundae for the Special K, you can do that with everything (ground turkey for ground beef, etc). Its imperative to keep lots of healthy foods in the house so you can snack on something rather than starving and then going and ordering a pizza or something equally destructive. Join us in the calorie counters forum. A lot of us cal counters log EVERY thing we eat on fitday.com so we can see where we're going wrong..and right. In fact, while I thought I was "watching what I was eating" and exercising a bit more, the weight really didnt start to move until I started cal counting (i.e. getting serious). I still eat a lot most days, between 1500-2200 calories, but now when I have a high day, I just follow it up with a few low days. BEST THING TO REMEMBER: if you "slip up", you just get back on the horse the next meal or the next day, you dont give up on your new healthy lifestyle because of a slip up!
  • I also found the first 2 -3 weeks really, really hard. But I got through them somehow, someway and then the cravings really, really slowed down and I wasn't nearly as hungry as I used to be. I started to see results, my willpower became stronger and well it's all good. Give it your best shot the first few weeks and you will be suprised at how much easier this lifestyle change becomes. Good luck.
  • Quote: I read on the home page about Hoodia and how it helped one of the girls that started this site so I purchased it,
    Hi, welcome to 3FC

I thought I should mention that none of us have taken Hoodia, nor will we take it. I think what you saw was a "google ad". Google advertises on our website, and they choose the ads that appear. We don't endorse the products that Google advertises. I apologize if there has been any confusion.

We encourage a healthy diet and exercise program without the use of supplements.

Good luck
  • Yes Miami, you are sooo right, I was proud of myself for the special K last night and as for the ground turkey I all ready do that, I don't eat beef or pork, I haven't for about 7 years now, I do eat salmon and chicken and turkey, but my down fall is overeating whether it be good for you food or bad for you food, I know if I keep at it I will get back in the swing of things and won't need the supplement once my stomache gets use to not filling up like it is now, tricking my brain is what I am trying to do, lol
    Thank you for your advise on the cal support site, I will check that out, I am deffinately not very good at that right now, I just try to eat what I think is healthier but I probably don't always know what that is, lol

I know what you mean rockinrobin, the first couple of weeks are very difficult, I have a tendancy to do great for a month or two and than something always throws me off the wagon I have just really got to get serious and stop letting things get in the way

Good job both of you and keep up the great work and thank you so much for your support and sharing your experiences with me

Sorry Suzanne, I started reading the information and just assumed it was one of you thank you for clearing that up
  • ok, so far I have been being pretty good about my food intake, the last couple of nights I have been eating fruit or veggies at night, but yesterday I made homemade chili and I have to admit my chili is pretty good usually I have two bowls but yesterday I was a good girl and had one I have not started walking again or going to the gym yet, I worked yesterday but as for the day before and today there is no excuse, but it is only a little after 8am, I have a few things I have to do today, I have an exersixe DVD here at home and I think since I have had it for about 6 months I might as well open it up, lol
    Hope everyone has a great day and keep up the good work
  • Doin' good, valerielynn, dropped another pound (ticker now changed). Hey, hope to hear that you're walking and going to the gym soon! Yeah, might as well open up that DVD before it gets stale.

Jay