3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I Need Motivation!!!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/102764-i-need-motivation.html)

Lovestorun 01-22-2007 03:49 PM

I Need Motivation!!!!!!

Hello Everyone.!

It is Monday- :?: I know I either need to go to a spinning class or run! I just don't know which to do? And I really don't feel like doing either! I just need someone to wake my Booty up and make me go!!! I know it will make me feel better but I am lacking in motivation. Help!!!!

Does anyone else suffer from this condition? And do you do anything special to get going? :p

NESunshine 01-22-2007 04:32 PM

You said it yourself.... you know you need to do it. So suck it up and go....just think of how good you'll feel after the workout.
Its always hard to get started but worth it when you finish.
I haven't been to the gym in a week cause I've been down with the flu. I'm still feeling a bit under the weather, and its cold, and dark and I don't want to go. BUT I know I have to ..... so I'm gonna suck it up and go. thats my best advice :D

Cheryl14 01-22-2007 05:09 PM

Hi Lovestorun!

First, I want to congratulate you on your fifty-eight pounds lost!:carrot: That's GREAT!

Do you give yourself a day every so often just to reflect on how well you have done? Have you gone for a massage lately? Are you getting enough sleep? Have you taken your vitamins?

My future daughter-in-law is a distance runner training for her first Ultra. She runs every day BUT listens to her body and takes stock every so often if she's feeling bad about getting out there to train. The paragraph of ideas is hers, so I KNOW they will help you get back on track.

Good Luck!:)

Cheryl

Cheercoach 01-22-2007 05:17 PM

Get out there girl...keep thinking of those goal pants or something you have planned that you want to look extra special for.....

Go! Now! I said so!!! LOL!

ennay 01-22-2007 05:28 PM

I pick out an event to train for. Running for just one motivation loses steam so I try to get as many motivators as possible.

FreeSpirit 01-22-2007 06:10 PM

The hardest part is getting your shoes on and walking out the door, after that it's a breeze.

You can do this!

ChadsMate 01-22-2007 07:25 PM

Think about how great you'll feel in the long run (pun intended!!). You can do this!

nibs 01-22-2007 08:08 PM

Get out there and you'll feel so much better. You are doing awesome keep up the great work. If you do need a little something.....:drill: :kickbutt: See if that helps...:)

Kim

Heather 01-22-2007 08:56 PM

I really have to make myself exercise too.

I don't know that motivation is the only answer -- lots of times I don't have it. I think of it as making a commitment -- I make the commitment to exercise and I just do it, whether I want to or not.

Thirty by 30 01-22-2007 09:00 PM

I am in the same boat. I am losing steam. It is hard to have to plan out everything that you are eating and getting to the gym for an honest workout. I need to get over the hump! Go for it! You are really close to goal there! How long have you been losing?