Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-20-2007, 07:20 PM   #1  
Baby steps

S/C/G: 280/270/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Small yet oh so large triumph...

A lot of times I get discouraged around dinner time, because EVERYONE in the house is home and I always have to fight SO hard to stay on track, since everyone else

Tonight I was almost in a panic because my mom made one of my FAVORITE fat foods--tacos.But then I stopped for a minute and was like..."No, I can do this. I HAVE to do this!"

Not only did I avoid them all together, I even cooked up a small amount of ground turkey and added it to a salad with some fresh salsa that I made and a small amount of crushed tortilla chips. (I needed the chips, I've only had...160 calories today up until dinner.)

And you know what? I'm more happy with my salad full of fresh veggies than I would have been if I ate the bloody tacos! I know it's a very minute thing to most of you reading, but I feel really proud of myself.
Wildfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

What a wonderful NSV!

I'm not much of a poster on the site... more of a lurker unless I see something that really grabs my attention, and this did!

Sometimes it's the smallest things that we do throughout the day keep us motivated to keep on going.

Way to go, girl!
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:27 PM   #3  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Little things are really huge indicators sometimes, of how far we've come mentally. I had something similar back in December - I have this horrid concoction I make out of the different machine-dispensed cappucinos and creamers available at the 7-11, which is only a two-minute drive from my apartment. And though I craved it desperately for about a week, I kept telling myself, you don't have to have it now. It will still be there later. And soon enough, the craving left after a bit.

Celebrate this as an indicator that you're doing the right things in your head! And that can only translate to pounds lost.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Whoa, I hope you eat more than 160 calories before dinner tomorrow.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:40 AM   #5  
Baby steps

S/C/G: 280/270/160

Height: 5'8"

I fully intend to eat more than 160 calories before dinner tomorrow.

I overate yesterday and basically just wasn't hungry today, so I had two lettuce and turkey wraps around 2 this afternoon. I didn't INTENTIONALLY starve myself of calories, I just wasn't hungry.

I plan on getting back on track tomorrow.
Wildfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:05 AM   #6  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi, Wildfyre!

I notice that you and I weighed just about the same when we began our weight loss journey and we also have the same goal weight! Cool!

I congratulate you for fighting the Taco Demon...and WINNING!

Weight loss is tough, but each and every victory brings you not only closer to the goal but a tougher resolve to DO THIS THING! It has taken me a long time to learn how to actually THINK before I put food into my mouth! For YEARS I just used one filter. That was, "Will it taste yummy?" I chose all my food with that one thing in mind. I often thought AFTER I had eaten that I had really overeaten. Why couldn't I have thought of that BEFORE I ate some immense portion?!!!

I'm also glad to hear that you were able to come up with a great alternative to the regular tacos! You can count that as a whole OTHER victory, you know!

As others have mentioned, try in the coming days to spread out your total calories throughout the day so that you never get so super hungry that you go crazy with a certain food at a certain time. That helps fight the food demons that can quickly engulf you and throw you into FOOD TRIGGER ****!

Good luck in your coming battle! WE are all right there with ya!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote