Going to Cuba-help?!

• I've booked a flight for me and my hubby to go to Cuba(I'm Canadian!)in september-i need to lose some pounds before than(30lbs!)i've heard a few people tell me not to get in the mind frame of "lose it for Cuba" or i'll not succeed.I'm supposed to have short term goals or somthing-anyone heard this-why?what can I do to get motivated?
  • I disagree. I don't see how you will fail if you use that as your motivation. You may not be intense about it after your trip as you were before, though. I hit my goal weight over 2 years ago and this past fall I wanted to lose a few pounds and tone up a bit more for a trip to the beach. The motivation to look good in a bikini (as shallow as it is) gave me the necessary push to stay focused. You can't use short term *wants* to achieve long term health, but it can certainly get you started and give you a push in the right direction.
  • IMO sometimes it takes something like a trip to keep a person motivated to get the weight off, for whatever reason you do it, just keep it safe. And definitely do weights, that'll give you a huge impact with how your body looks, and also a nice little side effect is that your body burns MORE calories with MORE muscles.

On a side note, if you don't have your passport, apply for it NOW! There are crazy crazy wait times - just heard about a guy who applied in November and still doesn't have it. I had to cancel a trip to Vegas for my brother's birthday due to the stupid passport crap law stuff.. no not that I'm bitter that I have to miss my brother's 30th birthday because someone decided that Canadians are huge threats to Americans.. I digress..

-Aimee