Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2001, 07:03 AM   #16  
Seeking God's Gold

Angry Monday morning

Good Morning Friends!!!! Where is everyone these days??? Has everyone just given up on the battle of the bulge??? How depressing to come here and almost everyone is MIA.

Jamie~Thank you so much for the wonderful thoughts, prayers, etc.... that you send. They are so great!!! Keep up the good work! And thanks for coming here, right now you and a few others and myself seem to be the only ones.

Well, I hope everyone has a GREAT day today, and starts the week off right!!! Come back to us soon!!!
Old 10-22-2001, 11:34 AM   #17  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!!

It sure has been quiet around here. I've had a very busy weekend and just didn't find the time to log on. My ds and I got our yard cleaned up on Saturday. Was it ever cold! It does feel good to see the flower beds cleaned out and ready for spring.

Yesterday, we had our church's 25th anniversary celebration. It was so great to hear about how God has worked in our church over the years. It was also great to see people we hadn't seen for a long time.

I learned something about myself this weekend. I tried to really "diet" last week for a few days and then ended up eating way too much the rest of the week. Consequently I maintained my weight instead of losing any. I realized yesterday that I need to allow myself to have some of the things I crave but in moderation. I also have been stressing about losing 20 lbs. by Christmas and realized that was wrong too. I need to focus on healthy living and the rest will come. I also have been convicted about my lack of time spent reading God's word and talking to him. that is the key to any success.

Thanks for listening. I hope you all have a super day! Please come back and talk even if you think you're not doing well. We're here for you and want to be there for you in the rough times as well as the smooth.

Old 10-24-2001, 09:13 AM   #18  
Seeking God's Gold

Angry Wednesday

Good Morning Christian Friends!!

Where is everyone at??? Is everyone, like me doing poorly but just doesn't want to fess up? I miss EVERYONE SO MUCH!!!!! It is so lonely here without you. Please come back!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2001, 10:38 AM   #19  

Hi Everyone!!

I hope you don't mind if I join the thread....

I used to post on here about a 1 1/2 ago.....that was when I needed to lose 70 lbs....well now I need to lose 100 (it's been a long long year) and I realize that I cannot do this alone.
This is going to be one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do, I am carrying enough weight for an entire extra person, and I can't remember how I got this way...I know I am the one who ate all the junk food, and deep fried everything I could get my hands on....but somehow "tomorrow" never came and the weight kept creeping on. I just turned 29 the other day, and took a good hard long look at myself in the mirror, and I didn't recognize the person staring back at me.

Somehow along the way I forgot to pray and lean on God, and instead trusted Oreo Cookies N Cream ice cream to ease my troubles....needless to say it didn't work.
I am hoping that I can join your thread so that I am not alone in this. I have made it a point to find time during my day...even if it is 5 minutes and thank God for all He has blessed me with....and I am starting to see again all the wonderful things in my life. It has really inspired me to lose this weight. I am hoping that I can join you guys in this battle of the bulge.....

yvette
Old 10-24-2001, 01:23 PM   #20  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Welcome!

Good to have you here, Yvette. We are all struggling with weight loss and are seeking support in that area of our lives. We will be here for you in both the bad and good times. Keep posting!

Where is everyone? We need you here.

Have a super day!!
Old 10-29-2001, 11:18 AM   #21  

Good Morning to all CE's,
I am hear to confess that I am weak and feeling pretty low right now. I got on the scale and am shocked to find out how much I have gained. I have a lot of excusses but the truth is I have fallen and I can't seem to get the will to fight this battle. I feel like such a failure! I just want to crawl in bed a forget about it! WHY can't I just control what goes in my mouth? I feel better when I am losing, I have more zest for life when I am losing I seem to have more over all control over my life when I am controling my diet. I am sorry to be so down that is why I haven't been posting I feel pretty down and why should anyone waste thier time on me.
Sami
Old 10-30-2001, 08:39 AM   #22  

Sami

I am not sure if you remember me...you and I signed up with Christian Encouragers right about the same time last year, and I then my computer crashed, and life got busy and I quit posting, and now I'm back.

You are one of the reasons I came back. Your kindness and your encouragement helped me lose weight, but more importantly you helped me be ok with myself no matter how big I was.

We aren't wasting time on you....You are a gift given to us by God, believe it or not He is working through you to help us, and we are going to help you. I am watching the sun come up right now, and it is a beautiful promise from HIM that today is going to be beautiful, because I choose it to be.

You are a beautiful wonderful person who has brought so much care and understanding to people you've talked to, you have left an imprint on me, that I won't forget. When I was at my lowest and wanted to die...you held me up, I don't know if I ever thanked you for that. So I am thanking you now.
Thank you Sami for caring that day. For the kindness you showed a stranger. You saved my life, and you gave me hope. You aren't a failure, the Devil is....he is going to fail at making you feel worthless and helpless. You are a strong beautiful person, and God has shown me that....all you need to do is take a step back, and a deep breath and remember that you have God smiling down on you. And a friend who will always be there to lend an ear or a shoulder should you need one. I am keeping you in my prayers.....

GOD BLESS

yvette
Old 10-30-2001, 11:59 AM   #23  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Morning!

Sami: It's so good to hear from you. Please don't stay away when things are not going well. How can we pray for you then?
I'm so sorry to hear that you're so down. I can identify with you. I am praying for you. I agree with what Yvette told you. You have been such an ispiration to me also. Concentrate on the good in your life and the bad fades into the background.

I've also been struggling with my WOE lately. I don't know why but I just want to eat everything in sight. I need to exercise more. Let's get motivated together. I really need all of you for support.

Prayers, Wilma
Old 10-30-2001, 02:39 PM   #24  

Yvette and Wilma THANK YOU! Both of you were such a blessing to me today. Yvette I do remember you and I am glad you are back . I can't tell you what a diffrence your post has just made on my life. I am feeling stronger (and more blessed ) I feel that God has Brought you back to this post . I have always thought this post was such a blessing and When I stopped posting often I fall away. I haven't spent as much time in prayer either and it has give Satan that wedge to pull me down.

I will be needing a lot of prayer as I get back on my feet and start this war again. I am making a commitment to post at least once a day.

Wilma-You are a blessing. I can't do this alone but with prayers and friends I can. I always look forward to your posts you have that uplifting nature and I aways feel better after reading your post.

Dear God
Thank you for bring me where I need to be when I feel I can't go on. You have Blessed me with very Caring friends. Like always you have answered my prayers.
Sami
Old 10-30-2001, 03:45 PM   #25  
Seeking God's Gold

Angry A new beginning

Happy Day to All!!!!!

It's good to see the thread is going again. Welcome Yvette and good to see you Wilma and Sami. I surely MISS everyone else MIA!! I got really down 'cause everytime I came to post, all excited to see what was going on.......no one was here or had been here. So, I guess I too lost interest. Let's try to be here for each other. Ok?

Like most everyone with low self esteem, low will power, low endurance, I need encouragement and inspiration. And when I come here and no one has posted, it's really hard for me. I look forward to your posts and hearing how your day has gone and what obstacles you have crossed. It even helps me to be here for you too, if and when you have eaten something you shouldn't or gained instead of losing......I want to be here for you. So, if you're reading this and haven't succeeded at this weight loss thing like you had hoped and you're down and not posting...........PLEASE come back and post. PLEASE!!!! We are Christians here for each other. Let's make this a strong thread again. Ok??????

Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!!!!! I miss you!!!!
Old 10-30-2001, 08:47 PM   #26  

Default Me TOO!

I have a bad week, and I think I can disappear from all you guys?
Funny, your all aware I'm having a tough week aren't you? There is no escaping fellow "Christian's" on a weight lost quest. A gain of 2lbs. last week = Yuck!
198.6/180 and holding. 3 weeks of loosing and regaining those same 2 lbs. Joanne reaches for the chocolate all the while saying to herself, "you can't do this, look your failing again". Dang devil!

Welcome back to all of us posters beating ourselves up yet again.
I come to the site and read, don't post out of disgust for my failure all the while the reality is, I NEED YOU GALS just like you need me!!!! And we all need GOD, He who loves us for who we are, not what we weigh. He who calls us "His Children".
My prayers go out to each of you struggling for self worth and weight loss. United we stand, divided we fail.
God Bless!
Talk to you all soon. I'm off to drink WATER and PRAY!!!!
Nothing is impossible for Christian's!
Old 10-30-2001, 09:26 PM   #27  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Evening my wonderful Christian Friends

I've been reading and lurking lately, but not posting. I, like many of us, have been struggling with my WOE and have been that way for weeks and weeks. I'm struggling with that plus work being busy and stressful again. I'll be on vacation next week. We're taking a road trip rather than go to any one place. We're going to drive up to OK City, then to Tulsa, then to Hot Springs, AR, then the Shreveport, LA, then home....all in about 8 or so days. So, I need that week off and can't wait for it to come.

I just wanted to check in and say hi.....hope you're all doing well and being better than I am on the eating front. Love to you all in the name of Christ,

Patti <><
Old 10-30-2001, 10:00 PM   #28  
Seeking God's Gold

Angry

That's much better!!!!!Howdy everyone!!!!

That was wonderful to come back and check to find we had 6 posts today!! Much better than the last few weeks. Please ladies......let's keep it up. We need to encourage one another always!!!!! Thanks so much!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening and a good Halloween!

Welcome back Patti and everyone else!
Old 10-30-2001, 11:39 PM   #29  

I was getting ready for bed and wanted to report that things are going better today! I made it through the whole day with out blowing it! I even drank 5 glasses of water! Thank all of you for you uplifting messages!

Sherry-You are right I like you need these posts to keep me going.

Zoe-You keep posting as you can tell we all have kind of fallen in a rut we need that support to keep us going. I pray you get to relax on your trip. We will miss you while you are gone.

Joanne-You remind me of myself! I keep saying that bible verse Why do I keep doing the thing I don't want to do? I will have to look it up the quote it.

Yvette and Wilma I pray that your day was filled with many blessing!

Lifting you up in Prayer!
Sami
Old 10-31-2001, 10:35 AM   #30  
Quit counting at 45!

This is what I like to see!! Christian women "being there" for each other. We really do need each other don't we?

Sami: I'm so glad your day went better yesterday. WTG with the water. I too have been better in the evenings. I need to plan ahead with meals and also keep myself busy during that bad time after work until supper. Today I clean my Fridge so I can get groceries tomorrow after work.

Eeyore's Sun: How's your day going today? Are you OP?

Zoe: So good to see you here again! You are lucky to be going on vacation next week. Enjoy the break. You deserve it!

Joanne: We all have those weeks when we keep losing the same 2 lbs. Keep up your good work. You're going to do this!!

I just want all of you to know that with this great response yesterday I really feel that we can all do this. Let's band together and beat this weight.

Have a super and healthy day!
Closed Thread