Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-12-2007, 08:00 AM   #16  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Or if you think you can do it and still resist, turn and sit as close to her as possible and watch her eat every last bite. Put your face forward and follow the fork from the plate to her mouth. Make her feel stupid and awkward about eating.
Hee! Love it!
Quote:
"I'm really getting concerned about your obsession with food. I hear the company has a great mental health policy, maybe you should check it out. Remember, the first step in confronting a problem like yours is admitting you have a problem."
And this is CLASSIC! You'd have to do it with a totally staight face though. Maybe practice in the mirror
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:19 AM   #17  
There is no Try

S/C/G: 215/213.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Or you could go for the gentle, "That cake is yummy-looking, but wow, what a sugar spike...if I ate a piece that big I'd feel like crap the rest of the day. I don't know how you do it..."

And eyeball the piece as if she were stuffing the whole cake down her gullet.
YodaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:54 AM   #18  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Alternatively - "Wow! This roasted vegetable and hummous sandwhich is SOOOOOOOOOO great, you know you really should try some vegetables some time!"
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:03 AM   #19  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

I'm continually amazed at people and the comments and actions that they say and do. Sometimes I just stare at people after they say something or do a strange thing. I usually can't come up with any good comments at the time because I honestly am so shocked at people's behavior so much of the time!

This person definitely enjoys her behavior. She obviously has very little caring for others and probably feels generally pretty bad about herself as a person. People who have a good self image don't need to act rudely, and they certainly are savy of the feelings of others.

This one is a LOSER! Don't worry for one more millisecond over her. She'll be put in her place by someone who is better than her at making people feel small, and it probably will happen sooner than later. What goes around, comes around...guaranteed!

Learn from this experience and treat her and others so kindly that RUDE GIRL will shrivel right up!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:22 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

She's only doing it because she knows it bugs you. I would have asked her what flavor the frosting was or something along those lines. I would have most certainly turned around and looked at her. Why not? Why give her more power over you than she has? You're the only one empowering her.

And why couldn't you have a slice? You can figure out the calories in a slice of cake pretty much. I just don't get that deprivation thing. If you wanted the cake, you should have had a slice. And if you didn't want the cake, then it wouldn't have upset you so much.

I work with a bunch of guys and last night one of them broke open his Ben & Jerry's ice cream. When he finished it, I took the carton and looked at the nutrition info on it.

I don't think anyone should go without enjoying their food because I'm counting calories.

Again, you are giving her all the power here.
AnAbsoluteDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:24 AM   #21  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

I agree with Courtnie, women like this one feed off your reaction. I'd smile politely then ignore her. I still get amazed when grown women act in this catty, *****y nature but they do. You're better than she is anyway, you don't have to make people feel bad to feel good about yourself.
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:32 AM   #22  
Cruisin' for a Losin'

S/C/G: 278/249/170

Height: 5'9"

Just remember you can always lose weight, but she will always be stupid! Fat isn't forever but ignorance is!

Mari
Chestnutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:42 AM   #23  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Oh my! I have really enjoyed reading this thread! You've been given some really really good advice and I have to concur with what everyone is saying. Basically, IMHO....this woman is a bully and the best way to confront a bully is to not let them know they are getting to you. She'll stop when its not fun anymore or when she sees that she's not getting any control over you.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:42 AM   #24  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chestnutlass View Post
Just remember you can always lose weight, but she will always be stupid! Fat isn't forever but ignorance is!

Mari
Yep! As Ron White says: "You can't fix stupid!"
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:55 AM   #25  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

I completely agree Absolute Diva. The only way this woman will stop is if you stop letting it bug you. By not turning around this chicky knows how much she's getting to you. Without saying one word, stand up, look her directly in the eye, look down at the cake, then look at her butt, raise one eyebrow, then turn and walk away. And the next time she does this simple say nothing. Not one word. But look at her, face her and don't let her have the upper hand. She will soon tire of the whole game.

Jo
Is that really me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 10:35 PM   #26  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Try this "Wow, that's pretty cool that you can eat all that, but I am not putting that sort of (insert your preference of crap, junk, Sh*t, nasty trash what-have-you). I'm just not the type for instant gratification and bragging; I'm more an a long-term happiness and payoff type of woman, ya know (insert coworkers name= holding her responsible for her response or lack thereof.)."
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:32 AM   #27  

It stinks that the "what we would like to say" and the "what we can professionally say" are two different things. I would love to tell her how bad I will feel when her age catches up and slows her metabolism and her eating habits eventually catch up to her. My sister had a similar comment to one posted earlier -- "I can always lose weight, you will unfortunately always be ugly". You could tell her, sorry but I have much more important things to do waste my time eating snacks at work. But, I agree with a bunch of people, she does it for attention and, like my 3 year old, if you ignore her bad behavior, she won't reap the benefits and will likely move on to someone else. I bet she's jealous of your strength (sticking to your diet) and is trying to sabatage you!! Obviously there is an area of her life that is terribly lacking!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:20 AM   #28  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

The majority of folks here are MUCH NICER than I would be, that I can tell you!

"Why don't you shove that cake up your a**??????? That's where it ends up anyway." That's about the most fun thing I would say!!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:01 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

A response I used when people do similar things is "my maybe that is why your thighs (or some other body part) are getting a little chunky". I find that people like that are really self concious about their own body and that is why they harass other people about food. Or since she always says she can eat whatever she wants then you could say something like "really i'm suprised it looks like you've been gaining a little weight you might want to work on that".
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:41 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I encounter a lot of women at work who feel the need to comment on how I eat, I mostly just blow it off, not much I can really say without causing more trouble than it's worth. I'm not sure why people feel they have the right to talk about that stuff - maybe its possible they have nothing better to talk about? One thing thats really worked for me is telling people that my taste buds have changed and that eating things with sugar and wheat just make me ill to my stomach. I've also bought out the whole "I have an upset stomach today and don't want to put anything unhealthy into it" thing.

Goodluck, and just remember - you ARE the better person. Don't sink to her level.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote