Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-11-2007, 12:47 PM   #1  
kris

S/C/G: 199/185/140

Height: 5'6

Default I have had ENOUGH!

yup that's right i have had enough, enough with the excuses and enough with my laziness. my birthday is saturday,so to celebrate, im working out. i have been whining for the past 3 months, to my husband, mother, co-workers and even here on 3FC, so as of now no more excues. i am tired of looking like a blob and tired of being tired,lol like my mother says, "sick and tired of being sick and tired" so with that said everyone wish me luck and i will keep you posted on my progress, cause i WILL be in better health and a smaller size by July. thanks for the support

Last edited by krisk; 01-11-2007 at 01:11 PM.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/123/120

Height: 5'5

Good Luck Kris! You CAN totally do this. Just never never give up.
Lovestorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/132/135

Height: 5' 7"

If you notice from my ticker, I have been where you are. You CAN do this. The first few days are the hardest. Don't even give yourself the option of NOT doing it. I can't wait to start reading your success posts!!! They will be soon.
Pam
MileHighMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:20 PM   #4  
kris

so MileHiMama, how did you do it? you were right where i am, lol and i WILL be right where you are very soon!
Old 01-11-2007, 02:04 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Having had enough is a GOOD thing. Being sick and tired of being sick and tired is EXACTLY how I felt. I too had FINALLY had enough. Though I have a real long way to go, I have brought my weight down considerably. So, yes YOU most certainly can too. Good luck.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:11 PM   #6  
So happy to be me :)

You can do this! I certainly had a few false starts before I really got it in my head that I did not want to live life as a blob of a person. Make it a habit and make a commitment to yourself that you want to do this, and you will get there.

I look forward to your success!
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:20 PM   #7  
prepare for the BEST time

I said the same thing (to myself) on January 2nd.....I hadn't worked out regularly in 8 months, at first family illness excuse, but lately my buttisimo felt like it was spreading lfaster than hot butter on a biscuit.....so I'm on day #10 of exercise...I started out with 10 mins. of cardio, now I'm doing about 25--30 mins. of interval (cardio, wt. dumbbell wt. sets).

If I can get out of bed at 530AM to exercise, anyone can do it...... I lost an inch on my waist so far and 1/2 inch of my left thigh....it's a start.

good luck, keep me posted.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/132/135

Kris, I was just so fed up with being fat. My weight was at an all time high and my husband and I had got together with friends and one woman looked so fabulous. Granted, she'd had a tummy tuck and lipo several years ago, but she has kept the weight off. I felt so awful. Plus nothing in my closet fit me and I was considering breast reduction surgery. Seriously considering it. But there was this part of me that knew that if I lost 50 pounds, my breasts wouldn't be so large. So the next day I just started on a low-cal eating plan (it's not really structured--just stay around 1,200) and start walking again. It was last February and it was so, so hard at first. My hubby and 15yo daughter and I had really gotten into the habit of going out to eat A LOT so me not wanting to eat out all time was hard on everyone. Plus I cut out my 4-6 diet pepsis a day and just allowed myself 1-2 in the morning. In August I joined a gym. I didn't really start with a goal weight in mind. I just wanted to get into a size 12. I just kept losing and felt so good that I just stuck with it. I could still lose a few more pounds around my belly but I am going to try my hand at maintenance and see how I shape up after a few more months of working out at the gym.
Good luck to you. You really can do this! I was at rock bottom and somehow, after numerous false starts over a period of several years, finally decided it was time.
Pam
MileHighMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:52 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDay4MeToo View Post
I really got it in my head that I did not want to live life as a blob of a person.
Yup, that's the key. It's not about the stomach or the mouth or the food. The key to weightloss is in the HEAD, the brain. And the brain can definitely be re-programmed IF you want it badly enough.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:02 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6"

Dont give up, you can do this!!
blueberry3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 154/128/125

Height: 5"6

Happy birthday, and congratulations on getting to a place where you're ready to take action. It's going to feel great.
erinket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:33 PM   #12  
kris

thanks for all the advice and encouragment, i know that this is all mind over food,lol not going to give up this time, just do it and stop my whining. i'll keep ya posted
Old 01-11-2007, 07:49 PM   #13  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Happy Almost Birthday, Kris!

Congrats on your decision! You have made a good start to your new year of health!

I bet you'll hit a smaller size LONG before summer!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote