Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-31-2006, 12:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Default TG xmas is over!

My tummy is feeling bigger and more flabby, boy am I glad this holiday season is almost over!

How about some kind of challenge again? I'm not too sure what, but I sure need something to get this weight loss going a little more smoothly. Odd thing, I lost 2 pounds but FEEL more flabby. Seems a little odd, I don't get it!

How'd you all fair? I'm determined to learn how to lose weight AND eat chocolate... I sure did get quite a bit of it! However my friend is going to trade me 6 boxes of ferrero rocher (spelling?), which I don't really like, for a Louis Vuitton purse.

I am completely looking forward to a new year and new chances to lose weight!

-Aimee

Psst.. I got a new laptop (apple powerbook g4), so I can keep in contact better!
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 12:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I got Ferrero Rocher chocolate too for Christmas!! A HUGE box. But I ate mine I love purses, but I doubt I'd trade mine for even a LV But my mom had 7 different kinds of pies, the most INCREDIBLE ham, and the family favorite golabkis (Polish cabbage rolls), and cookies and chocolate in abundance. I know I gained a few pounds, but I don't like to see it on the scale, so I avoid it until I know I lost it again. I'm re-committing for the New Year, and I landed myself a job that enables me to workout for an hour to an hour and a half everyday during it, so I have NO excuses not to work out. And it should FINALLY get me to my goal weight. So we have six weeks until Valentine's day -- and I'll have to survive the gifts of chocolate once again. Why don't I know anyone who likes to give fruit baskets?
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 12:46 AM   #3  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Hey Aimee!!

Ive done horrible this xmas! Ive been eating all the snacks/chocolate/cookies/candies that I can get my hands on!! I absolutly LOVE Ferrero Rocher candies, but I love purses more, so your getting the better deal!!

I agree on a challenge! I NEED to get my butt in gear!!!
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:00 AM   #4  
I need buddies on MSN. D:

S/C/G: 240/159.5/140

Height: 5'6"

I've gained 4 lbs this month... so depressing...

Hopefully I can start over tomorrow.
snuggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:07 AM   #5  

I don't think I'd trade my Lindt Lindor balls for anything! Even LV!

Think it's possible to lose weight even with leftovers? heh. I still have like 2 dozen homemade perogies to eat, not to mention all the chocolate, and baking, oh my..

Harpo - the new job sounds great!

Randee - ltns girl! how are things?

-Aimee
Old 12-31-2006, 06:02 AM   #6  

Ugh! Mid November, as my tracker shows, I was 6lbs lighter. 6lbs!! My problem was that our guest list for Christmas dwindled from 6 to 2 very quickly, leaving us with loads of food but not the heart to bin it! Plus, Christmas parties and Christmas meals out didn't help.
WaterBottleBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:41 PM   #7  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Hi Aimee! I know ltnt. I got a job again. Its weird not working for 10 years and staying home with my kids and then going back to work and not seeing them as much. I thought with me working and stuff, I would lose weight, but thats not happening LOL..im a Caregiver, so I make lunch and dinner for the residents and I make them yummy foods, so I tend to eat more AHHHHH!! Hopefully with the holidays being over with, it will be alot better!! And im BACK now and this time im staying!!!

Hopefully as is well with you!!!!

Lets make this a great year!!!
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:59 PM   #8  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I love ferrero rocher and didnt get any this year
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 03:16 PM   #9  

ennay - I wish I could share, I have 5 boxes that have 16 in each of them! They will be leaving my house tomorrow though. Just think about how much weight you WON'T gain from them!

Randee - I always think I'll lose weight when I'm working as well, but that never happens for me as well, even with a job where I'm always on my feet, and always moving. All is well with me, work is great, christmas ended up being a LOT less stressful than I thought. We had my family fly in from all over and we had christmas dinner in my little place. It all worked out good

-Aimee
Old 12-31-2006, 05:23 PM   #10  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I gained 5 pounds over the last two months with the rush to get our new house remodeled and ready to move into before Christmas, getting moved in and then going off for Christmas vacation the day after. Now that the deadline's done, and the season's over, I've gotten back on track. Not going to let it get me down because I knew I was putting dieting on hold during the deadline. And I knew that I wasn't going to gain "that much" back and that I could lose what I did gain. I planned for it, so I'm not shocked by it. Seeing myself in the mirror at Christmas however, gave me just enough "disgust" to get back into the right frame of mind to start back on my diet. LOL

As for the season, I'm glad it's over because of the crowds. That was getting downright nutty!
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:19 AM   #11  

I can't believe another year is GONE! I accomplished a lot of things I wanted to, so thats good right? I am happy about that... my night has definitely been filled with.. thoughts and regrets. I woke up with STILL being sick, but with TOM starting. So I felt pretty crappy all day long, and decided I couldn't get all dressed up to go to a party, so my bf went off to a new years party. I also decided that I couldn't sit in a movie theatre for 2 hours either.. so off my mom and her friend went. Which leaves me alone. I've watched some tv, but wow.. I am bored. The only good thing is that my cough syrup makes me SUPER sleepy, so I'm going to take the full dose and go to sleep. It's kind of sad, but I guess I dug my own hole by not feeling good enough to go out. *tear* Alright, enough feeling sorry for myself. I did do laundry and cleaned.

-Aimee
Old 01-01-2007, 03:01 AM   #12  

I gained a good 3 or 4 pounds. Not a biggie. I'm also glad the holidays are over. Well, I still have to navigate my 20th anniversary at the end of January. I don't think I'll worry about trying to lose weight that day.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:06 AM   #13  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hey Aimee and Randee! Haven't seen yall in forever! I'm glad the holidays are over too. I am so weak around holiday food.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:48 PM   #14  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

hey you! congrats on the apple

I gained weight... thats for sure, but I am trying to get back on plan today
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #15  

The Ferraro Rocher fairy visited our house, too. I can't WAIT until my husband goes back to work and can take all that stuff with him. The students will devour it like locusts.

And so help me, if one more person sets foot in this house with a plate of cookies....
tamibeep is offline   Reply With Quote