Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-22-2006, 02:28 PM   #1  
Sufferer of abibliophobia

S/C/G: 206/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy Depressed and need some encouragement.

I'm having this huge problem getting my wedding ring fixed at Zales. Long story, I'll save you the irritating details, but I didn't have my ring on Thanksgiving and it looks like I won't have it again for Christmas. With DH in Iraq it seems that has pushed me over the edge. I know working out would make me feel better, but all I want to do is curl up in a ball and cry. Or reach for some Cpt. Morgan and coke . . . Someone post something to make me feel better . . . please.
pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 02:57 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh honey, I wish I had something profound and marvelous to say to you, but unfortunately I don't. What a difficult situation you are in. It must be soooo difficult having your DH in Iraq. I for one am so grateful to all the devoted people and their families who are in the armed forces. Amazing people each and every one of you. You have much to be proud of. Try not to sweat the ring too much, you will get it. But i could certainly see why you would want it NOW. Try to take care of yourself and treat yourself well. You deserve it. And that's what your DH would want. He would want you to take good care of yourself and be as happy as possible.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:09 PM   #3  

Thanx.

He does tell me every time we talk that my job here taking care of his 3 girls is more important than what he's doing over there. I got to talk to him today too. I should be in a good mood. I guess right now I see my wedding ring as him, and now I won't have either one for Christmas.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 227/153/135

I am so sorry that you have to spend Christmas apart! This is my son's first deployment to Iraq (he's a Marine) and it's killing me...I know it's even harder in many ways to have a spouse gone.

Okay, as for the ring, you showed a lot of self-awareness when you said you see your wedding ring as him! I would suggest focusing on something else - a gift he gave you or your wedding picture or even your little girls as being him too. He's with you in their little faces and in your heart...I hope that gives you some comfort.

If I'm reading your tickers correctly, you have 2 little little ones -- talk about having your hands full! I admire you for being able to hold a family together and lose weight at the same time. And that ring will be back on your finger before you know it!!!!

Paula
OnePerDecade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:53 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

Ahhh, you didn't tell me you had 3 daughters. I also have 3 daughters. I'm glad that you have something and someone to love and take care of and who can do the same for you. And if you're looking for a "piece" of your husband, what better reminder could there be but your 3 little girls. I hope your husbands time away from the family goes quickly and smoothly for you. You have much to be proud of, what you're going through is not easy. You are doing a great job!!! Happy holidays to you and your family.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:31 PM   #6  

Robin ~ We just have 2 daughters, I meant myself as one of his girls.

I'm feeling better today, but guilty about not getting to the gym very much last week. I got a good work out in this morning before DD#1 woke up to open presents. I probably won't be able to do that next year! I hope to do a lot more on the elliptical this week!!
Old 12-26-2006, 07:13 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

Pockets, that's so sweet that DH says you should just take care of his 3 girls and you're one of them. Very sweet. You are very fortunate to have such a caring and kind hubby. I 'm glady you're feeling better. Having ups and downs are to be expected. Try not to be so rough on yourself. I hope your holiday turned out really well and you were able to enjoy it. You'll have that wedding ring back in no time at all.