Must be SOMETHING to this 3FC..

• I have been having, to put it mildly, a really tough two weeks.

I look back at the last couple weeks and I am absolutely amazed. I've had illness, injury, fatigue and stress and holiday treats in the house.

Add to that I just completed a mini-goal, which for some might be motivating but for me ....well, I have a baaaad history of self sabotage. Nothing like not eating well and not exercising for a little bit and still losing weight to CONVINCE me that I can keep doing that.

And yet, I am still 90% on track. Not perfect but still here. I have had a cookie or two, but I haven't sat down with the plate of cookies and the big glass of milk. Which I could completely feel when I would normally have done that.

I was just about at my breaking point yesterday and I realized that ALL of the things that usually cause me to fall off the wagon are there (I wont say give up because its never a "give up", I just "temporarily stray" and the temporary lasts for several months)

But I am still on this wagon. (Albeit sometimes hanging on by the broken luggage rack ala Maverick )

So thanks! I really think having this forum to be accountable to and give me new challenges is making the difference.
  • You're DOING GREAT...especially because of all the challenges you're facing now.

3FC keeps me accountable too...even when my work schedule is out of control (15 hour days! eek!), I'm way behind on Christmas (5 presents still to wrap), and my mother's knitted scarf is only, well, half a scarf, I STILL make it to the gym so I don't let down my exercise accountability folks. There really IS something to this group support getting you through!

Keep on trucking, and remember, you're doing the best you can, and thats all that counts.
  • I know what you mean, I could have really messed up this evening with a bad binge, but reading all the good advice andd success, well it's just not easy to sit at the puter and read all of this and snack like crazy, makes ya feel pretty guilty
  • Quote: You're DOING GREAT...especially because of all the challenges you're facing now.

3FC keeps me accountable too...even when my work schedule is out of control (15 hour days! eek!), I'm way behind on Christmas (5 presents still to wrap), and my mother's knitted scarf is only, well, half a scarf, I STILL make it to the gym so I don't let down my exercise accountability folks. There really IS something to this group support getting you through!

Keep on trucking, and remember, you're doing the best you can, and thats all that counts.
    5 presents still to wrap THATS not behind!

I think I have about...oh...well 30 or so...and still have to finish making some.
  • Have I mentioned that my house is a mess and my sister is coming tomorrow?

Also, I am a little bit OCD about gift wrapping...trust me, this is behind for ME.
  • have I mentioned that my mil is here already? And that in our house Xmas is TOMORROW? Or at least the first Xmas. So I have at least 5 I have to wrap tonight, and the rest for Monday

WHY do we do this to ourselves, I swear Xmas stresses me out more and more every year. Maybe that has to be my next newyear's resolution. I will finish my shopping by Thanksgiving. Make that halloween.
  • 3FC is great, I'll agree. We leave out all the bad petty stuff from other community sites and just focus on the good. I love how everyone on the forums I visit is about results and not excuses! We give help and advice without preaching, and you can almost always find someone who's gone thru before what you're struggling with now.
  • Yes, having 3FC is a great bonus. I feel like I fell upon a great little weightlosee secret. It is a great help knowing there are people right at your computer who are going through exactly what you are and who you could share your experiences with and report to everyday, the good, the bad and even the ugly.

Ennay your are doing great, I know what you mean that even if you stray a bit, it's just not so terrible and could be waaay worse. That in itself is a very good thing. And we don't have to be perfect, certainly not towards the end of December. It would be impossible. But to at least keep a toe in the wagon as opposed to falling off it - definitely progress.

I am also OCD with gift wrapping. I go overboard with the paper and the ribbons. I have piles and piles of different ribbons. See, I can even share that kinda stuff with you folks here.
  • Count me in! This site has also really helped me. Weightloss is really like a full time job to an extent and requires a lot of focus and by reading so much about weightloss really helps keep it going. This thread makes me realize that when you're busy with other things, such as xmas preparations, it really is difficult to stay completely on track, though 90% on track is doable but with lots of effort. For example, last week I only made it to the gym 3 days rather than my goal of 4 because we went out xmas shopping. This week I was determined to not let that happen again so I did manage to get myself to the gym but only for 40 minutes (just enough time to do my elliptical work out but not any weights). I then did errands literally the entire rest of the day (luckily I dont work fridays anymore). Normally (before) I would have forgone the work out because I just had too much to do.

I got home at 7pm but had not planned anything to eat (there was chicken in the fridge but needs baking that takes about 1 hour) and I had my 9 year old niece with me as well. We were starving so we had to order from a diner (this is NYC, and anything can be delivered). I got the chicken souvlaki (grilled chicken chunks w/ french fries, flat bread and salad). I gave all but like 6 fries to my niece, and I only took a few bites of the large fattening flat bread. UNFORTUNATELY, I about 1/2 of my niece's huge cheese burger which she abandoned (its no coincidence that she's thin as a rail)! This is what I mean by not planning, not focusing, and screwing up a bit! Who wouldn't be tempted by a cheeseburger (a vegetarian I guess)! Today I will go food shopping and get back on track.

As for the people on 3FC, it is a pleasure hearing about your issues and weightloss methods and theories. A very bright group on here I think!

Hope you all have a great holiday
  • Ennay ,
    I like the reference to Maverick what a great movie, may have to watch that today while i wrap my gifts still, I finally met my goal of not shopping the night before xmas, but nothing is wrapped and all in the trunk of my car. guess i know what next years goal will bee haahaa.
    Good luck everyone,
  • I used to do up presents with bows and ribbons, that's one area I have let go this year. But it does bug me to wait to the last minute to wrap. dh does that and it just seems wrong to open a present that hasnt be wrapped for more than 5 minutes.