support to help me start again

• Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I was here last, and I've decided I need to re-commit to my health goals because I've been slipping. I've only gained about five pounds in the four or so months since I went off my diet, and I want to stop that before it gets any worse! I've been watching the scale creep up, trying to convince myself that it isn't that bad, but by this time next year I'll be right where I started from unless something changes!

I'm finishing my last year as an undergraduate and this semester has honestly been the roughest time in my life, which only contributes to the overeating and not exercising. I want to lose 13 pounds, and compared to what I've already done (HW 182), that seems like a small task.

But this time, I feel like I won't succeed. I just don't WANT to do that stuff anymore - I don't WANT to count calories, I don't WANT to deny myself, I don't WANT to exercise. Any words of wisdom or encouragement would be amazing.

Sorry for the whiny post
  • start small, change one thing, one habit, once you get rolling on one habit, the rest will be easier.

focus on making changes you can live with, even if it means slower progress
  • Hi Luey,

I can totally relate. Sometimes I feel embarassed that my mentality is that of a 2 year old throwing a tantrum, with the "but i don't WANT to" self-talk that I often have. It is hard to snap back into diet mentality sometimes. I've been in my own little protest against having to watch what I eat for a few months now.

But let me tell you, it's not so fun. I've put on 10 lbs in those few months, and now that I'm finally back into the 'on plan' mode, (thanks to these wonderful people here on 3FC!) I have even FURTHER to go to lose my weight.

I don't have much inspiration for you, other than to maybe take some quiet time to yourself very soon, and think about what it is you want to achieve, why you want to achieve it, and why you are starting to self-destruct on that path. You started at about the weight I am, and I would give anything to be in your shoes right now, as far as weight goes. Maybe just remember how crappy it felt to be in the 180s, and remember if you totally give up now, you may wind up back there again.

Sorry this wasn't much help... but I'm sure a lot of great support will soon follow this. It did for me!