Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 06-18-2006, 11:49 AM   #1  

Default Because We're All In This Together - Love the new book!

I searched around looking for a discussion of Amy, Jennifer and Suzanne's new book but came up empty. I'm not sure where this discussion should be but wanted to weigh in on the subject and hear what others think.

I think the subtitle sums the book up well and is reflective of the compassionate and considerate nature that the 3FC have shown from the start of this site to the book publication. I don't there is a better way to sum up the "feel" of this site or the book than "we are all in this together".

What a wonderful and articulate bunch of sisters! There are plenty of cliches but they are well placed, witty and humorous. Overall - there isn't any rocket since here - just an honest, straighforward and enjoyable read about what real people find good and bad about a variety of diet programs. Having been a member of 3FC since the start - I really enjoyed all the quotes from the wonderful people that make this site a community.

Thanks again to the Barnett sisters for all that they do.
Cheers!
susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:06 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Susie, there's a thread re: the book somewhere, but I'm darned if I can remember where I put it.
I'm glad you liked the book, too! I found it really entertaining, and like you said, there's no rocket science involved.
Some of those recipes look pretty cozy/yummy.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote