3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Loss News and Current Events

Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

How often do you weigh yourself?

Old 04-13-2006, 11:12 PM   #16
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Throughout my weight loss journey I have weighed only once a week. Just this past 2 weeks, I started weighing twice a week. It is nice to see that little drop in the middle of the week, even it's only a pound. I plan to continue to weigh 2 or 3 times a week once I hit maintenance, due to fear of a few lbs. climbing back on.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-photo-album/88618-before-current-goal-pics.html

^^ My new before and current photos! ^^
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 11:39 PM   #17

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm an everyday-er too. When I was heaviest I could have a 6 or 7 pound variation with my period. I learned to watch for patterns, salt, water, hormones ... It's helped me to get my head around normal fluctuations. I feel that I have more power to be discerning about changes that don't normally make sense.

Anne at Maintainers did an excellent job of learning the ebb and flow of her body and tells about it here ....
Demystifying the scale

You'll be surprised how much you don't miss grain.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:59 PM   #18

S/C/G: 175 /138 /125

Now I weigh myself about 2 times a day , once in the morning before I eat anything and once at night before I go to bed , I stopped weighing myself about 3 months ago because I felt I was at my goal weight but in the time that I had stopped weighing myself I gained weight 5 lbs so I will never go without weighing myself that long again.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:10 AM   #19
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

i weigh myself every other day.i know i should weigh myself once a week but i cant help it.

helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 03:47 PM   #20
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

For about a year now, I have been weighing myself just about every day. I always said, hey, the daily fluctuations don't bother me (which is true). However, I've discovered this tiny little voice in the back of my mind. When the scale was lower in the morning, it says, "Hey, you've been good--the scale shows it. Go ahead and have that extra treat." I should be eating as healthfully as possible EVERY day, not ust when the scale tells me I need to do so.

Also, I belong to TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly). If I have been seeing the scale say too high a number all week, I am much more likely to find an excuse NOT to go to my weekly TOPS meeting/weigh-in for fear of disappointment, embarassment, etc. The times we gain are the times we need support the MOST, not just when we're doing well.

And so, as of Saturday, this daily weigher has placed her scale on the top shelf of the hallway closet. Out of sight, out of mind, right? I WILL go to my TOPS meetings regardless of weight, and I will find out at these meetings what the scale says. I will spend less time thinking about the numbers and more time thinking about developing healthy overall habits for LIFE and not just for weight loss. I thought I had been doing this all along, but having been such a slave to the scale, I am now awake to my reality.
Got down to about 185 before pregnancy;
Benjamin David born March 24, 2012, 7 pounds 11 ounces
Post-pregnancy: 206.5
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:39 PM   #21
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

I weigh every day, it really helps me to know if I should skip my nighttime snack

MtaTJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:25 PM   #22
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtaTJac
I weigh every day, it really helps me to know if I should skip my nighttime snack
Exactly my point! What the scale says shouldn't be the deciding factor as to whether or not you have an additional treat You're either hungry and have it, or you're not, so you don't
Got down to about 185 before pregnancy;
Benjamin David born March 24, 2012, 7 pounds 11 ounces
Post-pregnancy: 206.5
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:33 AM   #23

S/C/G: 156/128/120

I weigh myself every morning. I like to do it daily because then if I have lost weight (from the day before) I am so excited and so determined to keep it up... and if I have maintained or gained a little than I am more motivated to eat right and make healthy choices.
sun_kissed206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:42 AM   #24

Height: 5'8.5"

Same here, Sun Kissed! I weigh every morning as soon as I get to work. Great way to start the day if I have lost... and if not I know I just have to keep working at it and "maybe tomorrow..." Today it was a happy day, as I zapped one!

First major goal met 12/7/12. Next major goal ONEderland!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 05:35 AM   #25
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I used to weigh-in monthly when I was on a big stupid plateau and I couldn't figure out how to budge it, that was best for my sanity! Now I've got it busted I try to weigh in every day. I keep a tally of my weight and exercise and calories and % in a little diary, just so I know what works.

Tune In Eat When You're Hungry Eat Whatever You Want Sit Down, Put It On A Plate And Focus Enjoy! Stop When You're Satisfied
Own Your Body Move Support Yourself Be Your Own Guru

The perfect weight for your body is the weight which it settles at naturally when you are eating a balanced diet and exercising moderately
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:46 PM   #26
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I don't know how you ladies do it...I would drive myself crazy if I weighed everyday. I do once a week...every Monday morning.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:51 PM   #27
Hoping for Healthy

I weigh in daily after I shower, despite my hair being wet and having a bit of water weight. That way, even if I step on the scale a while after I eat, it's not a difference that is too extreme.... usually.

Goodbye overeating, goodbye pudge!
teatree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:02 AM   #28

S/C/G: 165/141/125

"I weigh in daily after I shower, despite my hair being wet and having a bit of water weight. That way, even if I step on the scale a while after I eat, it's not a difference that is too extreme.... usually. "

Only thing is...you actually sweat out a lot in the shower, you generally sweat out more than the water that's left in your hair. I weigh about a pound less after a shower. (Yes, I have weighed before and after a shower on more than occasion I'll admit it) Not that it really matters as long as you weigh around the same time each day and don't rely too fully on the scale.

I weigh more than once throughout the day but mostly that's to remind me how inefficient a tracking method it is because I can fluctuate up to 4 or 5 pounds through the day. The inches and clothes sizes are a much better indication of progress. That being said...keep in mind I'm the girl that just admitted she's weighed pre and post shower before. ha ha.
Old 05-13-2006, 01:30 AM   #29
Hoping for Healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KriWes
"I weigh in daily after I shower, despite my hair being wet and having a bit of water weight. That way, even if I step on the scale a while after I eat, it's not a difference that is too extreme.... usually. "

Only thing is...you actually sweat out a lot in the shower, you generally sweat out more than the water that's left in your hair. I weigh about a pound less after a shower. (Yes, I have weighed before and after a shower on more than occasion I'll admit it) Not that it really matters as long as you weigh around the same time each day and don't rely too fully on the scale.

I weigh more than once throughout the day but mostly that's to remind me how inefficient a tracking method it is because I can fluctuate up to 4 or 5 pounds through the day. The inches and clothes sizes are a much better indication of progress. That being said...keep in mind I'm the girl that just admitted she's weighed pre and post shower before. ha ha.
Wow! I had no clue! However, as I take a shower in the afternoon, while it's still warm, I've started to have cooler showers. Maybe that's why I'm at a plateau? I should turn up the heat!

Goodbye overeating, goodbye pudge!
teatree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 03:51 PM   #30
Margaret1975

S/C/G: 155/151/135

I've recently purchased a scale and have started weighing myself every morning after going to the bathroom and before my morning bath. I knew that some fluctuation was normal, but was quite surprised at how much my weight actually fluctuated.

For the first few days, I was wondering if there was something wrong with my scale. Every consecutive morning I got on the scale, it would show that I've lost a pound. This went on for 4 days and I knew that I couldn't have burned that many calories. Fortunately, on the fifth day, my weight jumped back up 3 pounds. I now average out in my head what the scale has shown for the past few days to get an accurate idea of what my weight is.

So many things can cause you to show a weight gain; even something like needing to go for a number 2. You kind of have to take the numbers on the scale with a grain of salt.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.