Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Morning Light = Lower Weight?

Ran across this article in my news feed...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...e-9239817.html

I don't know what factors they corrected for in the study (were the people who were exposed to light out jogging?), but it would certainly be interesting if it turned out that simply being exposed to light in the morning helped with weight management. I'm an early bird, but I haven't tried hard to get a lot of light in the morning.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

It's not surprising, most of us gain weight in the winter months right? It's cold, we can't get out much, there are fewer hours of daylight. I've also read that lack of sunlight contributes to the effects of depression which plays a role in weight management.

If you're outside you're walking, you're at a party and being social, you're enjoying nice weather, you're probably not sitting around watching tv so you're most likely engaging in a healthful activity.

Sunlight is very important to me. I practice my chi gong first thing in the morning facing the sun and absorbing its energy.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:54 PM   #3  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Interesting. The article says they controlled for calories and exercise.

What they don't reveal is how much lower BMI? If it's just a decimal point or two, it's interesting science but won't change the world.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote