Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 10-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #16  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

For those that wanted to try it, Satisfries are free today and tomorrow (10/12 and 10/13) at select locations. I think it's just one per order. See here for more info.
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:59 PM   #17  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Am I the weird one that actually likes these? I'm a big fan of crinkle fries, and that's probably why, but I find that they taste better than your typical shoe-string cut. Even when I buy fries at the grocery story, I buy crinkle cut. I also like steak fries, waffle fries, and potato wedges better too. I guess I just like more potato in my fry!
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #18  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

Yeah they are pretty good.
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:05 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I tried them and I like them. They actually taste more like a potato. They almost have a more steamed quality to them which I didn't think I'd like but I do.

What bothers me is that I found out that these fries and all other fries apparently have a batter on them. Seriously? Coating a carb with more carbs, this is the way to go? Annoyed.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #20  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

I kinda figure a fry is in no way going to be good for you, whether it's lower in calories or not, so I'm not too worried about it, lol. You don't eat french fries for health benefits.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #21  
diamondgeog

Novus,

I am in complete agreement with you. For me at least, not saying everyone, carbs are extremely bad. And no a calorie is NOT a calorie, for me. I find carb calories make me much hungrier sooner, make me feel lethargic, so 30 protein calories and 30 carb calories are not doing the same thing in my body and certainly at minimum leading to different future actions and making me feel different. Many studies are showing, for instance, fat doesn't make us fat as was once believed and is still told to Americans. Perhaps carbs make many if not most of us fat.

I LOVE fries. I'd rather have really good ones rarely, Boardwalk are my new favorites, then these at all. And I mean like twice to three times a year. Fries, sadly are bad for you. No getting around that. So you can eat them and deal with it, or try to eat them sparingly or not at all.

I am choosing cutting them down a lot but then going for really good ones on rare occasions.

Last edited by diamondgeog; 12-12-2013 at 09:22 AM.