Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #1  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Talking A Librarian's Tips for Healthy Holiday Parties

I wrote a piece that got published on Huff/Post50!

A Librarian's Tips for Healthy Holiday Parties
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Congrats! I go to Huffington Post for my news.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #3  

So awesome! Congratulations! Amazing article as well by the way, great tips!!
Jentry07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #4  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

I agree with you on picking Judith Beck's solution as your favorite. I didn't know who Ms. Beck was until I read your article, but coincidentally that has been my mantra for the past few months ever since I began to revise my way of eating. My wife and I have extra celebrations this time of year because our Anniversary is on 12/7 and both of our birthdays are in January. In the past, my weight loss efforts always stalled at the beginning of the holidays, and then eventually fizzled out because there was always some upcoming celebration that I would use an excuse to delay getting back on track. Well, I would up never getting back on track.

Now I have changed my mindset regarding food. I have realized that these holidays and events should not be defined by the food we eat but, rather, by the company we keep. So, I don't feel deprived if I don't partake in all of the "trimmings" that come with the turkey on Thanksgiving or have a piece of birthday cake on my birthday. The food is secondary.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #5  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Thanks, everyone!

joefla70: our anniversary is on 12/7, too! It's a nice way to kick off the holiday season as long as the celebration isn't totally centered on food!
If you like the Beck book, be sure to check out the Beck support group here on 3FC: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/beck-diet-solution-234/
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote