Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 147/120

Height: 5'6

Default Food Matters documentary

Hey all, hope this is an appropriate place to post about this, though it came out in 2008, I wasn't sure where else to post.

Food Matters, just watched this on Netflix and thought it was an excellent documentary. It's mostly about how our healthcare systems are going about things backwards and how we can be our own best doctors, focusing on prevention for chronic diseases. It's also fair to the pharmaceutical companies, our government, shareholders, etc., which I think makes it more appealing to the masses. It gets its point across effectively.

My review on Netflix- Wow, fantastic! I wasn't expecting much but this was a great documentary. I've seen quite a few health documentaries- Food Inc., Forks Over Knives, Supersize Me, Fat Sick & Nearly Dead, etc., and have done plenty of my own research but I learned a great deal from this one. It's very informative and solid. A must watch in my opinion. It has a touch of "The Secret" vibe to it with the music and imagery. But just a touch. If you or someone you know and love have cancer please watch. It just makes sense.

Anyone seen this and if so, what'd ya think?
Kasey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/177/140

Height: 5'6"

It's coming up soon on my Netflix list. I'm really looking forward to seeing it. I loved Food, Inc.
Alegria25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #3  
The 'x3' is a heart! :)

S/C/G: 250/low 200's/165

Height: 5'6

A very good documentary that everyone should watch. Definitely made me think about the way I eat and has changed the course of my health!
mirax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

Thanks for this thread. I am on my way to look for Food Matters.
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

I couldn't find Food Matters to watch free online. :'(

I will check my local library.
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote