Switch hands to eat less

• http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2011/0...are-you-using/
  • A few years ago I decided to eat 75% of my food with chopsticks for the very same reason. It worked too, right up to the point where I mastered eating with chopsticks!

This might be worth a shot though... anything that slows down my hand-to-chip-to-mouth ratio has got to be a good thing.
  • If you're mindlessly snacking, then how are you going to remember to use your non-dominant hand? (I've had my right arm out of commission for a month at a time due to acute calcific tendinitis, and trust me, it is REALLY hard not to use your dominant hand for things you do on autopilot, even when doing so will cause agonising pain. You even reach for doorknobs and the like when wearing a sling.) You need to stop the automatic snacking behaviour at a much earlier stage than the point when you are shovelling food in without thinking.

Still, it's an interesting article.
  • Quote: If you're mindlessly snacking, then how are you going to remember to use your non-dominant hand? (I've had my right arm out of commission for a month at a time due to acute calcific tendinitis, and trust me, it is REALLY hard not to use your dominant hand for things you do on autopilot, even when doing so will cause agonising pain. You even reach for doorknobs and the like when wearing a sling.) You need to stop the automatic snacking behaviour at a much earlier stage than the point when you are shovelling food in without thinking.

Still, it's an interesting article.
    I tore all the tendons in my dominant hand last fall and I still reached for things with agonizing pain. I agree...if it is mindless, you wont remember to switch hands and if you can mindlessly it probably wont slow you down.

Now granted the agonizing pain brought me out of mindless mode pretty fast but I dont think mutilating my hand again is the answer