America's Next Top Model commercial shows girl with tiniest waist EVER!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I think it is a bit disturbing. It doesn't look healthy- but then again, neither am I, so who am I to judge? I don't think it should be idolized though.
  • Tyra Banks' statement on it.

I tend to think being underweight can be just as risky to your health as being overweight. The girl doesn't look particularly healthy to me for her height.
  • Whether she has an eating disorder or not, that weight at that height is unhealthy and any doctor would say the same.
  • I used to be that skinny in high school.

While a great deal of us struggle with our weight (meaning people in general, as I'm sure nobody comes to 3FC because they don't have weight problems), we need to remember that there ARE naturally tall and lanky people. I don't find it ridiculous - remember, this girl is 6'2. They also showed her whole family - all have the *same* body type.

Lanky girls like that do exist and why should they be shamed for their appearance that is natural to their body type? Yes, one girl opening admitted to restricting herself to look like that, and she was booted off. The girl, who was 6'2 and in tears because people made fun of her during her life, was naturally that size and should be not be degraded for her appearance. After having been teased for being too skinny in high school, I can appreciate her.

It's not just "fat girls" that receive hurtful daily comments about their natural appearance.
  • I didn't see the clip the OP posted but I think you're talking about Ann - she had the tiny waist. They showed pictures of her brother - I think that family is just naturally thin. My dad looks anorexic but he isn't - that's just his body.

They did eliminate a girl in the 1st round after they saw the photos - she did have an eating disorder and they [Diane Von Furstenburg was the guest judge and was very vocal about her] decided she wasn't a healthy example of "model thin".

I think some people are naturally thin - most of the girls picked for that show are just that but there are some who do have EDs and shouldn't be there. I was glad they plucked that girl out of the competition. She has actually gone on to gain 10lbs, sign with an agency and is doing modeling work now that she looks healthier.

I'm a fan of the show and Ann is my fave right now this season - not because of her tiny waist but because I like her odd look - the big ears, the weird looking face, lanky body.
  • Anamaria was the one that was sent home after they were worried about her weight. She said she was on a strict calorie-controlled diet and she was far, far too skinny - to me, she looked unhealthy, but Ann, who is in the clip with the tiny waist, looks healthier than Anamaria because she doesn't have all her bones showing.

I agree, I think Ann is naturally thin, her family seems to be naturally thin as well. Anamaria just looked incredibly unhealthy.
  • I actually went to school with a girl that has such a tiny waist and she ate whatever she liked. I think some people are built that way.
    I agree with mandalinn82. We don't know the girl and have no information about her health. And the words "repulsive" and "gross" should not be used to describe a person regardless of their looks.
  • ehh she's 6'2 though.. I have friends who have tiny wastes because they're taller and play college sports so it's easy to keep weight off.. Soo I don't know. Not the WORST, she doesn't look unhealthy really..
  • OMG, her waist is TINY!!! I've never seen anything like it!!

I wonder what the panel's reaction would be if they saw mine! lol
  • Quote: I didn't see the clip the OP posted but I think you're talking about Ann - she had the tiny waist. They showed pictures of her brother - I think that family is just naturally thin. My dad looks anorexic but he isn't - that's just his body.

They did eliminate a girl in the 1st round after they saw the photos - she did have an eating disorder and they [Diane Von Furstenburg was the guest judge and was very vocal about her] decided she wasn't a healthy example of "model thin".

I think some people are naturally thin - most of the girls picked for that show are just that but there are some who do have EDs and shouldn't be there. I was glad they plucked that girl out of the competition. She has actually gone on to gain 10lbs, sign with an agency and is doing modeling work now that she looks healthier.

I'm a fan of the show and Ann is my fave right now this season - not because of her tiny waist but because I like her odd look - the big ears, the weird looking face, lanky body.

Yup yup- Ann's family is all like that- and she makes a point to say she eats ALL the time it's just her family is like that.

She is such a sweet and nice person though- you can't help but love Ann- and honestly she is quite stunning in photographs- but she was made fun of and teased her whole life about being super thin that she actually has low self-esteem- she slumps over IMO to make herself look shorter. I just want to take a ruler and smack her on the back to make her sit/stand up straighter!

I knew a guy in high school like her- it was crazy!
  • I agree with the last couple of messages here, healthy comes in all shapes and sizes. Plus I also like Ann I think she take some beautiful photos and she is unusual looking. That and I am a sucker for the shy, awkward types in these shows.

Having a friend who was naturally quite skinny despite what she ate in college and she hated when people commented on her weight and kept offering her food. It made her super paranoid and sensitive about it.