"It's All Too Much" book discussion

• A book group to discuss the connection between weight and clutter, formed around Peter Walsh's "It's All Too Much: An Easy Plan for Living a Richer Life with Less Stuff," is forming. The idea started around his new book, "Does This Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat?" but it seems that his earlier book is a recommended first read. This is a heads up that we'll start discussing in a couple of weeks, in case anyone wants to go out and buy the book or order it by mail. I don't think you need to read the whole book before the discussion starts, as I know some people don't read really fast.
  • Sounds interesting! I've requested the book from the library. We'll see if it comes in in time for me to read. But it's true, I can still discuss it without finishing the whole thing.
  • Hey! Good idea! I'm going to move this thread over to Weight Loss News and Current Events--be sure to subscribe to the thread if you want to know about new posts.

Jay
  • I'll be really interested actually..I'm a little reluctant to buy books related to weight loss in case I buy them & they just dont hit home or help in anyway. So maybe I'll check back here and see how the reading goes
  • Spoz, why don't you check your local library for a copy?
  • I got my copy from the library. I love my library. The fact that it's a five-minute walk from work is great too.

I've started reading, and I really enjoying it (it is a quick read). I'm even feeling inspired. Anyone else making progress?
  • Nakedmango, keep going at it but don't expect it to be done in a day. It's a great project to undertake. Soon you will be positively zen.

Let's hear it for the Libraries of the world!
  • I might check it but my local library has downsized quite a bit and I'm not sure I'll be able to find it there. No harm in looking though
  • Amazon sometimes has the books I want at really good prices from their merchants.
  • I just got back from vacation, and the book was waiting for me from Amazon.com. I'm looking forward to jumping into it.
  • Wanted to invite people over to the discussion in the depression/clutter/weight connection? thread under Depression and Weight Issues in the Support Forum.

If you're happily cluttered, not depressed about it, you're still welcome!
  • I bought the book on Amazon. I also got Does This Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat. They came last Friday. I've already finished Its All Too Much and started on the other.

Yesterday I found the top of my dining room buffet. I knew it was there somewhere under all that clutter. Now there is only a doily and a flower arrangement there. I also cleaned out the drawers and the cupboards. Next I decluttered my hall tree. It is a huge Victorian one. I had lots of "collectables" on it - I am a collector of way too many things. I put everything except two vases and a hat pin collection in my yard sale box. My dining room has never looked so good.

The living room was already in pretty good shape. All I had to in there was get rid of more "collectables" The only things on my end tables now is a lamp on one and a bowl of potpourri on the other.

The kitchen is next on my list.
  • Did you find there was a lot more in Does This Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat, beyond the first book?