Rising Dough cookies at Jamba Juice (alert)

• I have personally never heard of this place, but for those of you who have and those of you who have eaten their cookies assuming they're lowcal, read on....

Warning! If you're one of the thousands of people who are obsessed with those Rising Dough cookies sold at Jamba Juice (you know, the HUGE soft, delicious ones, most of which supposedly have 70 - 100 calories per serving and 140 - 200 calories for the entire cookie?!), then READ THIS CAREFULLY. Our pals over at Good Housekeeping magazine had five of the Oatmeal Cranberry Raisin ones tested, only to find that instead of having the 140 calories and next to no fat that the package claims, each one had just over 300 calories and 6 grams of fat. YIKES!!!! Although they only had one flavor tested, we are obviously VERY skeptical about the entire cookie line now, so eat these at your own risk (or don't eat them at all). This is yet another frightening example of how some companies are taking advantage of consumers. Are we the only ones who are APPALLED by how little the FDA does to stop this sort of behavior and hold these companies accountable?

Source: Hungry Girl
  • This is appalling! How dare they LIE to people like that?!

i have never heard of this company or their product, it must be a US-only thing. If I ever came across them I would refuse to buy them. I think all Fat Chicks should start a boycott. Seriously.

And I am staring to think of baking my own cookies etc. At least i would know what's in them and could avoid chemicals and additives...
  • How awful! I've never been to a Jamba Juice, and I don't think there are a lot of them. But this is still horrible.

Gosh, this is just like the episode of Seinfeld where they suspected the fat-free yogurt seller of lying because they were all gaining weight, and they were right
  • That is horrible. I don't eat the cookies because they have egg whites but it just makes me sick to see deception like this.

Sidenote: I like Jamba Juice in a pinch when I can't get anything else to eat that is healthy, because they will custom-make my smoothies as I like them (with all fruit and juice) and it's a quick and yummy way to get all my fruit servings in for a day.
  • Sure makes you wonder if the calorie counts on their drinks are correct, too.
  • Unfortuately, this probably goes on more than we are aware of. Honestly, I don't think the FDA cares much until the public starts getting upset. They seem to be more interested in the money companies throw at them. This is why I try to cook my food at home as much as possible. That way I know what I'm eating.

I think Jamba Juice is primarily a California/West Coast company, but we don't live close to one anymore.
  • Quote: Sure makes you wonder if the calorie counts on their drinks are correct, too.
    I definitely wonder now! I love Jamba Juice and like to work one into my day every once in a while and I would be more than a little mad if I went to all the trouble of analyzing their nutrional labels for nothing!
  • Assuming the Good Housekeeping tests are correct...I think it's a shame...however...my son would probably become suicidal if he couldn't have his Jamba Juice fix! Thankfully he doesn't have a weight problem!
  • I also like their smoothies, but I don't get them too often. If I'm out downtown shopping or something on the weekend it does make a handy way to get lunch in without going too calorie crazy or just eating fatty junk on the go. I almost never eat baked goods that I don't make myself, I presume Jamba isn't the only company that has "misleading" information about their products.