Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 10-26-2006, 04:06 PM   #1  
Meg

Default Want To Prevent A Cold? Start Exercising! - Article

Quote:
A long-term moderate exercise program can reduce the risk of colds among older women, U.S. researchers said on Thursday.

In the first randomized clinical trial to investigate the impact of moderate physical activity on the common cold, researchers from the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center found that post-menopausal women who worked out regularly had about half the risk of colds as those who did not exercise.
Want to prevent a cold? Start exercising

Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Well, do I risk jinxing myself if I say this is true? I'm usually wracked with a couple of episodes of brochitis or bad cold-turned-asthma each winter, and I think at the end of January, it's safe to say that my exercise and vitamin supplements are proving this article true!! Maybe it's a light winter for colds (haven't heard this tho), but both dd's have been sick once, earlier in the fall and then a small cold this month, and I have stayed healthy despite being sneezed and couged all over, even in my sleep! So I'm sold!!
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote