can u eat too many vegetables?

• i eat about 15 serves of all diffenert veggies each day.... is this at all bad
    i have broc cauli ,mushrooms , onion heaps of green beans , brussles, spinich , tomatos i have like 15 diff types and about 100grams of each
    some in raw salad and some steamed for dinner????????
  • That's great. But are you filling up on veggies at the expense of starches, protein, dairy and fats? Then that would be too many. You don't give enough info to really tell you. How about posting an entire day's menu?
  • You need to check you are getting enough protein and good fats (i.e. omega 3s) with a veggie-based diet.

It won't kill you if you are not, but if you are shooting for good results here then you need to address those.

I laugh at my veggie friends who exercise loads and wonder why they can't get that great physique. Protein and good fats are the answer which are sadly lacking in a vegetables-only diet unless you are very careful.

And that was a decade-old post! Doh!
  • People need very little protein, hardly any fat. If you are overweight, you have all the food you need for quite a while riding on your back. Fat is stored food. I think going all vegetables is a great way to fill up and get few calories while using your fat stores up. I think you would need to worry about whether you can take the fiber load, and possibly vitamins. All the oil soluble vitamins are already stored in your fat, so that is not needed, it is the water soluble ones that might be a problem, also electrolyte balance.