Old 05-02-2007, 11:42 AM   #16  

Height: 5'5"

I'm not a big fan of cucumbers-the taste is just too strong. I often replace them with zucchini in my dishes--salad, sandwiches, dips, etc. A lighter taste, a little softer, and that much more likely I'll eat my veggies!
idahotater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:30 PM   #17  
LLV

I LOVE zucchini! I also like cutting it in slices and broiling the slices in the oven with a few spices sprinkled on and adding them to sandwiches
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:50 AM   #18  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

Zucchini (also known as courgette for any UKers) is delicious roasted, as well. I usually chuck a bunch of sliced peppers, red onions, cherry tomatoes, zucchini and aubergine (eggplant) into a roasting dish, drizzle with just a touch of olive oil and then stick in the oven for about 15 minutes. So tasty! I've also just done zucchini like this and had it with pasta.

I have to admit to snacking on it raw as I slice it, though. Yummy!
Mummy_Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:39 PM   #19  
too much of a good thing!

S/C/G: 209/ACK/less than200 initially

Height: 5' 5"

Default zucchini omelette

My bro taught me to make zucchini (courgette) omelette.

Slice the zucchini and saute until almost caramelized (brown spots on the light part). Then beat eggs and pour into the frying pan, when it is alomst set stick it under the grill until it is set all the way through.

You add salt (or substitute), pepper, Tobasco etc to taste.

Simple and yummy!

I never thought of eating raw zucchini in salads. I love cucumbers but they don't love me (give me hiccups, and I get painful and loud hiccups! ). Will defintely try the zucchini idea...
catsnhorses is offline   Reply With Quote