Cook them on the grill. You'll love ANY veggie grilled!

• Ok, maybe not ANY veggie, but most vegetables are going to make your mouth water just thinking about them grilled

We had a big family dinner this weekend, and we usually eat not-so-healthy foods. This time, we had a feast of vegetables and it was the best meal we've ever had! We cooked zucchini, yellow squash, vidalia onions, eggplant, and portabello mushrooms. We sliced them thin and cooked them on an outdoor gas grill. We then served them on foccacia that had been split, toasted, and spread with roasted garlic. We also had veggies on the side, though they were oven roasted and seasoned with herbs, instead of grilled. We had roasted carrots, green beans, and asparagus. We also had small salads made from baby spinach, grape tomatoes, and fig walnut balsamic dressing.

I don't ever remember loving vegables so much!
  • Please, please come cook for me tonight!
  • Grilled zucchini is my FAVORITE THING. What we do often for veggies is make skewers of pearl red onions, broccoli, bell peppers, zucchini, squash, and sometimes mushrooms. We take the sliced veggies and marinate them for a day in a little balsalmic vinegar, some rosemary and garlic, plus salt and pepper - then skewer them and throw them on a grill pan until cooked through and crisp-tender. The balsalmic carmelizes just a bit, leaving lovely grill marks on the veggies, and come on, skewers are fun!
  • I like grilled onions, which reminds me of roasted garlic spread on toasted bread- it is a wonderful winter cold cure for me.
  • A lot of veggies are also great cooked on a George Foreman grill. There are some notable exceptions... LOL such as asparagus... but most are wonderful!!!