Old 05-29-2013, 11:16 PM   #16  

S/C/G: tick'

Height: 5'8

I LOVE peppers. I eat them on their own all the time. Green I can't do on their own, but red, yellow and orange are awesome. Now tomatoes, that veggie (I know it's a fruit but whatever) should have its' own hate out thread. Can't stand them.
Remington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:12 PM   #17  
Viva Cristo Rey!

Ha ha, I'm glad I was entertaining in my rant. I'm a picky eater who's trying to branch out but some things are just too much for me, and I have to get rid of the angst somehow! My roommate likes bell peppers and though we mostly prepare our meals individually, if we're having company, I worry that ****, I mean bell, peppers will be in it.

NotTheCheat, the sculpture is far too cute for the vileness that is the bell pepper, keep trying! Think Darth Vader with a migraine, perhaps.

Remington90, my hate for whole tomatoes or identifiable parts thereof, and SuperHeroTeacher, for onion pieces too small to see and remove that one crunches into, know no bounds either! I like spaghetti sauce and other similar tomato things but they must be puree'd smooth, with no onion bits! Nor pepper bits!
Skinnyminnie Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't care for bell peppers. I grew up in Arizona and they were used everywhere! Blech!

I love, love, LOVE that bell pepper sculpture!
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:16 PM   #19  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I HATE bell peppers. My mom usually mixes them in with the lettuce in the salad bowl. I can eat around them, but their taste lingers and its absolutely disgusting.

I also have an aversion to raw onion and tomatoes. Bleh. I can eat some tomato based sauces, but they're so not my favorite and they must be smooth.

Last edited by Psychic; 05-31-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:24 PM   #20  
High Fat/Low Carb=Happy!

Height: 5'9" Age: 50

I have a similar problem with digesting bell peppers as well, but only if they're cooked, they'll repeat on me for hours and hours and give me heartburn.

I don't care for them raw but, oddly enough, don't have any problems if I eat them that way (I like salsa and it doesn't bother me).

I also have a major aversion to raw onions (they'll literally make me gag), but actually enjoy them cooked.

Everyone has their idiosyncrasies. But I kind of understand the bell pepper frustration. So many people/restaurants chuck them into just about every dish and don't think of mentioning it. People with cast iron stomachs just don't know how good they have it!
ReNew Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:30 PM   #21  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Some of you make my aversion to broccoli sound almost normal. I love sweet peppers (all colors). i love celery. But I hate brocls. They're horrible smelly things and they're in so many otherwise tasty looking dishes.

When I was pregnant, DH wasn't even allowed to bring them into the house. I won't let them stay on my plate in a restaurant--if they come with a dish and I didn't realize it, I ask for another plate so I can remove them (or give them to a companion). I really really really hate brocls.
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:31 PM   #22  
weight room rookie

S/C/G: 267/233/150

Height: 5'5"

I like red, yellow, and orange bell peppers well enough, but I think my dislike for green comes from a bad childhood overexposure.

My dad decided to grow a garden when we first bought a house outside of the city. He thought, knowing his luck in keeping anything plant-like alive, that if he planted about ten pepper plants that only one or two would make it and the surviving plants would only make a handful of produce. Nope. They all made it. And thrived. We were eating peppers all sorts of ways for what seemed like forever.
Issaknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:32 PM   #23  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

I am an odd duck I think...I like vegetables...except summer squash, zucchini and tomatos....but dislike fruit....
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #24  
Viva Cristo Rey!

I appreciate y'all joining me in my rant. It helped to get it off my chest! And it was cheaper than going and buying some bell peppers so I could run over them with my van, then back up and run over them again!
Skinnyminnie Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyminnie Wannabe View Post
I appreciate y'all joining me in my rant. It helped to get it off my chest! And it was cheaper than going and buying some bell peppers so I could run over them with my van, then back up and run over them again!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:55 AM   #26  
172pds now

S/C/G: 170 PDS. 180/170/130

Height: 5 foot and 3 inches

i LOVE RED PEPPERS-----i EVEN STUFF THEM AND BACK THEM
sasyblond401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:54 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 213/157/153

Height: 5 ft. four inches

I hate parsnips. If you boil parsnips, you get a smell like boiling dirty laundry. Bleurg!
Valkyrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:35 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyminnie Wannabe View Post
Don't treat the poor van like that! The van never did anything to you. Nasty peppers.
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:34 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 206/199.2/135

Height: 5'7"

I hate bell peppers.
The sight of them makes me gag. I'm not kidding. I get like this with any pepper but bell peppers are the worst.
RadaTwirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:09 AM   #30  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

I don't thnk you are meant to boil parsnips per se. I think they are meant to go in a soup. Or at least that's the best use of them i know. Also roasted.

Also capsicum as we call bell peppers here in Australia is delicious roasted/made into dip/roast veggie soup.

I can't think of any natural veggie food i hate. Oh ok i don't like soybeans much. And i don't can go without sweet potato but otherwise i like them all.

But not frozen peas and other frozen veggies because they all taste like flavoured water. I love canned peas though.

Well if you are a picky eater, this thread is not surprising. I think picky eaters are a pain myself. OH god i know i am going to get in trouble for saying that. …lol
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote