Any finicky veggie eaters out there?

• I don't really find vegetables appetizing at all. They just don't feel like "Food". I do enjoy a lot of veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and basically anything with a strong flavor. I try to munch on them all day instead of chewing gum to keep the tummy grumblies away.

I can't stand the flavor and texture of tomatoes, eggplant, or cucumbers/zucchini, which are in almost every salad commercially available. Cooked veggies trigger my gag reflex so to speak, so I can only eat veggies raw!

Are there any people out there with this problem, and how did you fix it?
  • I used to hate most cooked and raw veggies(and also fish), I swore there was no way I'd ever like them. Well, as I got older my tastes changed and now that is mostly all I eat. Having them cooked certain ways or mixed in things helped me get used to the taste. The only vegetable that still hasn't grown on me yet is raw tomatoes, but I'm working on it since they are in a lot of diet foods and salads and I'm usually picking them out.

If you eat your veggies raw, that seems like it is fine.. broccoli and cauliflower are all good. Are you sure you don't like raw cucumbers? baby carrots?