Old 06-26-2009, 09:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Grilled Caesar Salad

I recently discovered this salad and I can't get enough. Just take a whole romaine lettuce and slice it in half lengthwise. Brush a little olive oil on the cut side and place it face down on a hot grill for a couple of minutes. Turn it over and grill on the other side for about a minute. Remove to a plate and dress with a light caesar dressing and top with croutons and parmesan shavings.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:07 PM   #2  
it's always something

Oh I had that in a restaurant not too long ago and it was heavenly! It's funny, Jennifer and I were just talking about it today The one I had was grilled over wood, so it had a rich, smoky flavor. I'll have to try it myself soon, thanks!!
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:56 AM   #3  
Here I come skinny jeans!

S/C/G: 225/Ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Ooooh we're going to have to try this!! We love ceasar wraps and just chicken ceasar salad. I make my own dressing with just garlic minced and made into a paste with a bit of salt, then I add it to the juice of 1-2 lemons (depending on how much i want) Pepper, a drizzle of olive oil and a dash or two of parmesan cheese.

Now i think we're going to have to have those next week!!
MeganBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 316/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

If you need a low cal/fat dressing, I have found bolt house's yogurt dressing to be very tasty. I love their honey mustard.

Last edited by quiffy; 07-10-2009 at 12:56 AM.
quiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I make a very quick caesar dressing with oil, a little vinegar, a tbsp of mayo, a little minced garlic, 2 anchovies, a dash of worsrtershire sauce, and finely grated parmesan cheese.

Last edited by Palestrina; 07-10-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote