Have you guys tried...

• the Glad or the Ziplock steam bags yet? If not, you REALLY should. They are great! You can steam all kinds of veggies, even fish and chicken. Not so sure about the chicken, but I did try tilapia and salmon and that worked out well. I put Sazon Goya's Vegetable and salad seasoning in with the veggies and then toss them in the microwave. You don't need to add water or oil. It tastes really good! They've got different sized bags, so the medium bags are good to steam veggies for lunch at work or for a single serving at dinner.

I went to produce junction and stocked up on string beans, cauliflower, broccoli, and some other veggies. I cleaned then and cut them, so they are now ready for me to bag them to take with me for lunch. Oh, and they are reusable too.

Try it and let me know if that works for you!!
  • I love the bags although I haven't figured out how to reuse mine. Veggies are the best!
  • I just rinse mine out and dry it thoroughly with a paper towel.
  • If it wasn't for these bags, I wouldn't be eating fresh veggies... I love them and I have rinsed them out and re-used them once, haven't tried re-using them more than that... love that broccolli...
  • Thanks for the review. I've messed up trying to cook veggies so many times. I prefer to eat them as fresh as possible, hate the canned veggie taste.