Old 12-25-2007, 11:10 PM   #1  
=D

Default Capsicum will be capsi-yum ;) + mushrooms...

Ok, first you need to make a mix of garlic, parsley and a tiny bit of olive oil. Blend this and keep it in a jar in the fridge to use as a relish.
Then, cut up a capsicum (any colour, but red works best) into small pieces and fry them with the garlic mix, nothing else.
This goes delicious and i have it several times a week in my dinner salad or with my lunch.

Also, mushrooms:
I used to HAATE mushrooms- with a neverending passion, but have recently discovered that they arent as horrible as i'd initially thought.
I like to cut up bout 70-100 grams of fresh mushrooms (for 2 people), then add paprika, soy sauce, mixed herbs, a tiny bit of apple cider and a bit of pepper- then cook them their own juices until they are squidgy (yum, trust me!). Makes a great side dish for the protein serving in your meal, and to turn into a small treat- add a teaspoon of natural low-fat yoghurt for a creamy touch.

Hope you all like
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:48 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Capsicum (peppers) are wonderful, especially with onions and your right IMHO red are the best. I love eating an onion, pepper and mushroom wrap (sandwich)...nothing else inside...okay maybe salt LOL but the veggies have to be sauteed because I don't like raw veggies much.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote