Don't like veggies, now what?

• Okay, so how do I eat right if I don't like veggies? All I can muster down are lettuce, tomatoes and peas. Any suggestions?
  • SlimVet, unfortunately you are not alone. I've moved your thread to the "Veggie Challenged" forum. Browse around in here and hopefully you'll find some good tips to get you started
  • thanks.
    Thanks Suzanne!
  • Quote: peas.
    Well, if you can eat peas, you should be able to eat anything. Peas are the worst tasting veggie on the planet

What other veggies have you tried. If you like lettuce, maybe you'll like bok choy...

If you like peas, maybe you'll like lima beans? (personally, I hate both).

What about experimenting with different ways of cooking them...I detest cooked carrots, but I like them raw (and in cake )

I also like chopped veggies (like onion, peppers, spinach) in omlettes...
  • I used to (and mostly still do) hhhhaaaate veggies. I have to say though if you really experiment with differnt ways of making then eventually you will run into something you don't mind eating.

You don't have to like them but the closer you can get to liking them the better. If this means you have to put cheese on them or whatever, then go for it just don't over-do it.

I've managed to train myself to eat broccolli by squirting lemon on it and shaking on this citrus seasoning I found at the spice store. They also sell in te frozen section ones with "light" cheese sauce on it.

You can hide lots of veggies in a salad if you put something in the salad you really like. I put smoked salmon in mine lots of times and baby spiniach nearly tastes like letts anyway. The salmon taste overpower the snap peas or whatever else I put in the salad I have a "distaste" for.

How about Baba Ghnoush (sp) thats eggplant is disguise! If you haven't tried it it tastes like hummus but more smokey.

Ummm... Hm thats all I can think of off hand. i'm sure people have other great ideas.

Also be sure to take a multi-vitamin if you know you'll be short on the veggies some days.
  • I suggest you experiment - with type and cooking method. I live on veggies. Some which I absolutely hated before I started my journey. My tastes have changed SO much. Veggies are just so high in fiber and so low in calories that I knew I would just have to find some that I like. And find I did. I get to eat lots of them for a relatively small calorie count, while fueling my body with lots of nutrition.

Spaghetti squash - cook it up, serve it with browned onions, mushrooms, peppers and a little marinara sauce.

Acorn squash - bake in the oven with some splenda and lots of cinnamon. Delish.

Asparagus - roasted with fresh chopped garlic. Same thing with green beans. Roasting brings out great flavor.

Cauliflower - steamed in some chicken consome' til just firm. Or cooked til soft and then mashed, like potatoes.

Sweet potatoes - baked and sprinkled with a little cinnamon. Or cut into strips and made into "fries".

Zucchini - sliced thickly and broiled for a few minutes.

Sliced cucumbers, grape tomatoes and baby carrots dipped in some hummus.

Then of course there are many, many different things one can do with salad.

Give yourself some time, play around and hopefully you will come up with a few that you really like.