Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2001, 07:58 PM   #1  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Smile

I found something called "I can't believe it's not beef"...they also have chicken..it's totally awesome! They are strips of textured soy "beef" marinated in a ginger garlic sauce. Just add to fresh veggies and stir-fry...it's 1 pt per serving, and if you cut the strips in half or in thirds, there seems like way more. It looks like beef, and feels like beef strips...I didn't tell my BF right way, but he thought it was really beef...I know he was skeptical though because I never cook meat or beef...but it's really good. I'm going to try the chicken this week. I found mine at Kroger, if you have one in your area...

Girlie
Old 12-03-2001, 04:49 PM   #2  

Yes, I made frajitas with it recently and not even my teenagers questioned it! Great product! Keep on sending those ideas.
Old 03-28-2002, 03:31 PM   #3  

Default Morningstar Grillers Prime

If you haven't already try these...you would think you were eating the most tasty hamburger patties ever, they are even seasoned to perfection. We just went on holiday with an unrepentent meat eater friend and he swore he couldn't tell the diff. between these and the best meat pattie. I live in Canada and I go to the US every month and load up the RV freezer with them. If you live near the border it is worth a trip across to buy these. I usually buy them in Alberstsons and lately at Cost Cutter.
Old 06-02-2002, 10:19 PM   #4  

Judi - I, too live waaaaaay up in the frozen north
Is there anyway of having them shipped to Canada?
I don't live close enough to the boarder but these seem quite worth it....!
Old 08-14-2002, 08:08 PM   #5  

i found some un-chicken at whole foods....it sounds sorta like the same thing. i haven't checked out the points yet.
Old 10-07-2002, 09:22 AM   #6  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking I agree......

I regularly have Boca Burgers and my kids don't even know the difference between the beef burgers and these!!! We dress them up with a cheese slice and fixin's. Shhh.....don't tell them its good for them either. 1 Boca burger is 2pts and if you team it with a whole wheat/ fibre bun ; its a great 3pt meal!!
Old 10-07-2002, 04:40 PM   #7  

the unchicken wasn't that good for the price. seitan is about the same consistency, without the odd sweet flavor. plus, seitan is much cheaper.
Closed Thread