Bewitchin' in the kitchen

bumping up this thread
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:41 PM   #32  
Can I eat Pickles?

S/C/G: 243/243/150

Height: 5'6

Smile

Hey guys. I'm a newby. I've been pretty much vegetarian for a little over a year.... sometimes I slip up though. oops... This is one of my favorite books because the recipes are all easy but still delicious! You can get it at half.com.

Student's Go Vegan Cookbook: 125 Quick, Easy, Cheap, And Tasty Vegan Recipes

Vegan World Fusion is also awesome with beauuuutiful photos!

I joined Weight Watchers yesterday so I'm still trying to figure it all out!!!!
VeggieNetters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:48 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 256/256/150

Height: 5'5"

:] I'm trying really hard to switch, also. You guys have some very good tips! I guess I'm not completely a vegetarian, but I never eat red meat, and I'm now trying to limit my poultry and fish. It's kind of hard though when you live with a family who eats homecooked dinners every single night, and all have red meat or something like chicken or fish in it.
And actually, in response to what mimi had said earlier in her post, I would think it would be simple to do. I haven't had meat since the day before I started (okay, it was four days ago. :] But that's still a big deal for me.) and I've actually lost more weight than I had with a diet that included meat in it.

Thanks for the tips!!!
alex19114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:35 AM   #34  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Wow everyone!

I am so impressed! I was reading through your posts and am so happy to see that many people's reason for becoming vegetarian is compassion for animals I thank you for showing me that there are still people who can see there is no difference between a pet and a cow! I love this forum!
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:46 PM   #35  

now I feel bad, I became a vegetarian cause my mom told me I couldnt do it haha

just discovered boca chick patties, 3 points and some thin hamburger bun..easy and yum
makinthechange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:03 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 222/ 168/ STG 160/ LTG 145

Height: 5'4"

Default cookbooks

I know there are thousands of vegetarian cookbooks out there, but do any of our resident vegetarians/ vegans know of any cookbooks that don't depend on tofu/ soy recipes? I can't seem to find any, and buying the other books means I only get to enjoy 1/3- 1/2 of the book. I don't like tofu, and I personally don't want to eat a lot of soy products due to the whole mock estrogen/ cancer issue (cancer runs in my family, why help it out? ya know?). I think I'll be using a lot of beans & mushrooms (I love them) for "meat replacers".
girlsenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:15 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

My favorite cookbook: Easy Vegan Cooking by Leah Leneman

Yes, it's vegan, but you can substitute and add eggs/dairy/cheese whenever applicable.

You know how you buy a cookbook and maybe make one or two recipes from it and then it sits on your shelf but you don't want to get rid of it? Well, with this book I seriously have made about three quarters of the recipes in the book, and every one turned out awesome.

I've been vegetarian for about 20 years now, I do eat prawns and white fish, sometimes raw tuna/salmon in sushi. I do eat organic non-antibiotic-ridden eggs and I do eat cheese.

I won't post my daily food list, but my go-to lunch is always some sort of burger that I either make myself quickly (i.e., bean burger) or if I'm in a rush I use the veggie burgers that I get from Costco. I pair that with rice. I may put a slice of cheese or a dollop of guacamole or avocado.

~BreathingSpace~
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote