This is from Family Fresh Cooking. She has a ton of great recipes, many of which are vegetarian (not a vegetarian website). Check out her link for beautiful pictures of this dish. You can practically taste it just looking!
1 cup dry Quinoa (prepare according to package)
Handful chopped fresh Basil + some for garnish
3 Blood Oranges: cut into small pieces with pith and seeds removed
1/2 Lemon or 1 Tbs Lemon juice
juice from 1/2 Navel Orange (any “orange” Orange) or a few tbs Orange Juice
Salt to taste
chopped Green Onion (Scallions)
Dash of the following spices:
ground Black Pepper
1. Prepare quinoa according to package. One cup of dried quinoa will yield a good amount of cooked quinoa. It expands quite a bit.
2. Let quinoa cool and toss with all of the above ingredients. Add the sliced blood orange last so they don’t break up too much when you combine.
* Toasted nuts: Quinoa pairs really well with nuts. Try adding some walnuts, pecans, pine nuts, almonds, etc…
* Add some cheese: Top with Chevre (creamy goat cheese), Feta, good sliced Parmesan, Romano, Gruyere, etc..
* Dried Fruit: Toss in some chopped dried Apricots, Cranberries, Cherries, etc…
* Have a few ounces of quinoa with cheese or nuts for a mini meal.
* Toss with mixed greens and some lean protein for a balanced salad.
* Use as a bed under your favorite lean protein. Serve with a side of steamed veggies.
* Use unseasoned quinoa for breakfast instead of oatmeal. Serve with any toppings you would put on your oats.