So this isn't fancy and probably has more sodium than is ideal, but I threw it together last night for me and my man, and we both loved it:
Serves 2 (hungry vegetarians)
-1 package of Near East Rice Pilaf - Garlic and Herb
-2 teaspoons butter or olive oil (as directed on Pilaf box)
-1 3/4 cups of water (as directed on Pilaf box)
-1 can of well rinsed and drained cannellini beans
-about 1 cup of frozen spinach (I keep a big bag in my freezer and use a portion as I need it.)
1) In medium saucepan, bring 1-3/4 c. water and 2 teaspoons of butter or oil to a boil.
2) Add rice, contents of rice spice packet, and beans.
3) Cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20-25 minutes until water is absorbed.
4) Two minutes before the rice and beans are done, steam or nuke the spinach.
5) Combine rice and spinach, and enjoy!!!
Basically you'll follow the directions on the Rice box, but when you dump in the rice and seasoning packet, also add the beans. I steamed the spinach separately, since it didn't need as long, and then combined everything right before serving. You could substitute any green leafy veggie you have on hand, swiss chard, kale, etc. You could also use more or less spinach. It just adds some nutrition and prettiness.