Ratatouille in the Crock Pot
-- I always do my own thing with the spices, but it's the easiest way to make ratatouille ever, and you can make plenty to freeze.
* 2 large onions, cut in half and sliced
* 1 large eggplant, sliced, cut in 2 inch pieces
* 4 small zucchini, sliced
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 2 large green bell peppers, de-seeded and cut into thin strips
* 2 large tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
* 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/2 teaspoon oregano
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* red pepper flakes, to spice it up
1. Layer half the vegetables in a large crock pot in the following order: onion, eggplant, zucchini, garlic, green peppers, tomatoes.
2. Next sprinkle half the basil, oregano, sugar, parsley, salt and pepper on the veggies.
3. Dot with half of the tomato paste.
4. Repeat layering process with remaining vegetables, spices and tomato paste.
5. Drizzle with olive oil.
6. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours.
7. Serve, refrigerate to store, or freeze up to 6 weeks.